Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Wasn't this why I didn't want to go overseas?

Ms Parker in Korea!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Wasn't this why I didn't want to go overseas?

I hate moving.

I mean, geez, I've done it enough. I should be a pro at this by now.

Looking around the apartment, trying to figure out which box something should go in... and then cleaning! There's so much dust and cat hair everywhere, that I can't stop sneezing. Maybe I'm becoming allergic to cats? Ha! Wouldn't that be the cherry on the sundae?

The past weeks have been a blur of saying goodbye to friends while mentally checking off what still needs to be done (charity run - done, furniture - done, cut off utilities - done, banking - not done...). It's not a lot of fun so far.

As much as I've given things away to friends, to charity etc, I also find that there's a lot that just ends up getting thrown away as garbage. Am I right to feel guilty because of this? And, in only 2 days, I will be taking Jane to La Pocatiere (once again to say goodbye to friends, but also to leave behind one of my most faithful companions for the past 9 years). Is this hard? Yes.

Will it all be okay in the end? Yes.

In one week, Kelly will arrive and we will load up her truck, and I will finally say goodbye to Montreal. Until then, please excuse me -- I've got another box to pack.

1 Comments:

  • As far as the stuff that you've discarded as garbage: think of how much more concentrated and distilled your life will now be without the stuff you had been storing (needlessly) all this time. And instead of burdening somene else with the obligation of caring for the stuff, you are allowing it to pass on painlessly to its next stage of existence.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home