Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Nerding out over a book

Ms Parker in Korea!

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Nerding out over a book

The "His Dark Materials" trilogy is the sort of book series that I wish I could have read as a child - but it wasn't written back then. I'm sure that I would have been completely drawn into it, I would have acted it out with my friends, or convinced myself that I really had a Daemon on my shoulder. As it is, I'm pretty excited about the upcoming movie, perplexed about the protests at movie theatres in the US, and hoping that other kids will have a chance to experience Lyra's world.

As a grown-up (hahahahaha), and with technology on my side, at least I can still have a Daemon:

6 Comments:

  • Hmmm... I was more of a Babysitter's Club kind of girl... whatever happened to the Babysitter's Club, anyway? Hm.
    This looks like an interesting movie though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:33 PM  

  • YES
    i actually read these when i was a kid
    mine is a raccoon
    meaghan<3

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:55 AM  

  • After hearing an interview with the author last weekend on CBC, it's now on my to-read list.
    My Daemon is a fox.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:08 PM  

  • I read the trilogy a few years ago. I liked it well enough up until maybe halfway through the last book. I'll have to read it again one of these days and see what I think the second time through. (The patronuses in Harry Potter made me think of the daemons.)

    By Blogger Helena, at 2:51 AM  

  • I'll admit that I was kind of hoping for a cat... but I like the idea of having a dog.

    If Jakob were my Daemon, he couldn't save me from any bad guys.

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 7:01 AM  

  • I have to read it now too - there's a Board here in Ontario (guess which kind) that wants to ban the series from the shelves because the author is a self-proclaimed atheist. What's THAT about?

    By Blogger Elbows, at 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home