Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ms Parker in Korea!

Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you all most certainly agree, Halloween is the most important day of the year (except for my birthday). Living in a place where Halloween is *gasp* not really celebrated can be difficult, especially when it comes to figuring out a costume. It's amazing to see what people came up with for the Halloween party last Saturday night - there were costumes that had been scavenged from the trash, built, sewn together, painted on, cobbled together from random objects found in one's closet, or in one case, imported from the USA (that girl was thinking ahead).

A few pictures (I actually didn't have my camera with me, so have stolen these photos from my friends):

Jack Sparrow attacks Davy Jones (Jongwon's mask is a dried squid -- they are all over my neighbourhood, though generally used as a snack and not as clothing)


In the "politically correct" category, Alex is a leg-less beggar (quite a few of these guys in Korea)

Richard and Shannon's wicked awesome Goombah (??) and Turtle couple set.

Nicola is eerily perfect as Frida Kahlo.


Me and Ty as very hot pirates. Yeah, all I have to do is wear contacts and straighten my hair, apparently, and my costume is done.

3 Comments:

  • I haven't seen you in contacts since high school! You gots purty eyes lady...In other news, I'm carving two pumpkins for the front porch this evening. Your opinion is needed. Scary or silly?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:35 PM  

  • My coteacher says that when a woman gets married in Korea, it's customary for the groomsmen's friends to go over to her house bringing gifts of clothing and jewelry etc, and one of them (the guy actually giving her the presents) will actually wear the dried squid on his face as a mask so she can't see who he is. Why a squid??? I have no frigging idea. But hey, that's Korean tradition for you. Imagine if pioneer times people went up to a woman's house with a big piece of buffalo jerky tied to his face. I wonder what the reaction would be?

    By Blogger Jen @ Light Enough to Travel, at 10:36 PM  

  • Yeah, exactly, Jennifer!
    I didnt realized the fact until I bought dried squid at a store, the seller actually asked me like 'Does ur friend marry? '..
    And then, I was like '...Ye...s'
    LOL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home