Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Christmas at Seosan Elementary

Ms Parker in Korea!

Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas at Seosan Elementary

Even though I am not the world's most Christmas-y person, I believe that it's still a pretty important holiday (especially when you are a teacher...). When I arrived at my school back in May and learned that I only had 125 kids, and that they were all relatively poor, I knew that I had to do something special for them - which came in the form of buying each one a small gift, wrapping them and getting Santa and Rudolph to come to my school to distribute them.

The kids were sooooooooo excited. It really felt good to bring them something special today.

Thanks go out to Alex, Monique, Garrett, Tyrone and Zepher. I couldn't have done this without you!

Santa (Zepher) and Rudolph (Tyrone)

Pulling Santa's beard...
The Special Class meets Santa - they had the BEST reactions.

How excited are these kids?

Shock and awe

Kim Yeojin gives her letter to Santa

Ms Go plays Rudolph

The kindy kids had their own private Santa party
(click on the pic for a better view of the kids' faces at left)


Kitten unwraps her gift

Merry Christmas!

6 Comments:

  • awwwwwwwww
    how cute are these lil' kids!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:36 PM  

  • my heart grew 2 sizes (and even busted the x-ray thingy as it expanded) as I read this. You have the best friends and the luckiest students!

    As you know it snowed heare a few days ago and yesterday it rained all day and then a VERY cold wind came thru and froze everything solid and then it snowed all night, so we have a very white christmas. We'll all be heading over to andy's for shrimp and sauce at 3 and then turkey at 5 and then swimming and we will all think of you and miss you

    all the best and give ty a kiss for us

    al (et al)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:06 AM  

  • Hi Its MOM AWWWW how cute - may you always be surrounded by little ones. It suits you! Your smiles are as awesome as the kiddies. Hugs to all Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:10 AM  

  • You are the best!
    happy holidays
    katrina

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:40 AM  

  • Ohhh, these pictures are soo cute ^_^ It's too bad I wasn't able to be there for it :(
    Where in Korea did you find such a complete Santa costume? How much did it cost???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:48 AM  

  • Love the pics! I wish my students were as cute as yours.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home