Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Wicked Weekend

Ms Parker in Korea!

Monday, March 31, 2008

Wicked Weekend

On Saturday, my friend Kirsten - and her friend Candace - came to Mokpo. Kirsten only has one month left in Korea, while Candace hasn't even been here for a week yet! Thing were pretty cozy in our tiny apartment, but it was still a great time.

We went out to a Vietnamese restaurant for Monique's birthday. You grill your meat (I had duck) at the table, then make your own wraps with rice paper and tons of vegetables. It was really amazing.

I made a huge Sunday morning breakfast the next day, including potato latkes, which I'd never made before, but which are now my new favourite food. Candace's jetlag meant that she slept the morning away, while Ty, Kirsten and I chatted. It was a nice goodbye for Kirsten, who I'd first met two years ago in Suncheon. She's off to the UK now, and *we hope* our paths will surely cross again.

2 Comments:

  • Wow. Your hair is really red(dish) in that picture. Are you regressing to your student days? Will I be vicariously subjected to blue again?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:01 AM  

  • Yeah, I tried to go dark red but it ended up light red instead. Might be peroxide in the Korean hairdye. Will probably go dark brown again... like that better.

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home