Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Immigration and Teacher's Day...

Ms Parker in Korea!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Immigration and Teacher's Day...

- My E2 (work) visa expires next Saturday. My school has finally woken up to the fact that I can't work without my visa... and is in a state of panic. I am sitting back and enjoying the chaos (I've been reminding them for 3 months that I need this or that document or test or whatever for immigration) as I am ushered off to the hospital for mandatory drug tests and the like. Now that it's their problem, I don't need to worry about anything... safe in the knowledge that it will all work out in the end.

- I complimented one of my teachers on her earrings yesterday and she gave them to me!!!

- My lovely and talented fiancé will be taking the stage tonight at an Open Mic in Gwangju...fingers crossed! He'll be playing 3 songs on guitar and singing.

- I gave 2 bottles of barley soju from the barefoot marathon in Daejeon to my school for Teacher's Day and they were suitably impressed... they drank (repeatedly) to my health on Thursday afternoon (I wasn't there, but my soju was), and I was thanked profusely on Friday. It's called "buying their love"....

- Speaking of Teacher's Day, the 1st grade teacher got every student to make me a card... I honestly thought I was going to cry when a crowd of cute little kids came up to me in the morning and each handed me a card....

That's me in the green (underneath me it says "Virginia teacher"), and Ty in the blue (underneath him it says "Virginia teacher boyfriend"). This little boy once saw us at the bus stop and it made his day, apparently.

This girl obviously prefers me with "yellow" hair.


I can pick out a few of the words... like, my name, I love you, English... stuff like that, but can't read everything...

For the record... I have never worn a side ponytail.

Looking at these drawings makes me think of this Korean artist who took kids' drawings as an inspiration for some rather surreal photos.

3 Comments:

  • You can't refute the proof -- you clearly are a huge fan of the side ponytail now. Children don't lie. They're too innocent.

    By Blogger Char, at 10:32 AM  

  • Hi Its MOM I like the side pony tail, try it, you may like it. It seems they all showed you with it. PS And I remember you with Princess Lea buns on the side of your head - remember that? Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 AM  

  • Let me see...

    "To Virginia teacher,
    Teacher's Day congratulations to Virginia teacher. And I love you. (heart) Thanks for teaching English. Teach me more and more English please! And be healthy. And don't be sick. I love you! And teach English well, please! You know!
    From [can't make out that one bit--looks like a circle with a niun in it... maybe Ha Eun?] to teacher."

    Aww! That is so cute!

    By Blogger Helena, at 12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home