Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: This is why I didn't study Economics...

Ms Parker in Korea!

Friday, October 17, 2008

This is why I didn't study Economics...

Right, so the won came back, then fell again, or rose again (?), and is now sliding again. Or maybe the Canadian dollar rose or fell or something...

I'm trying to figure out whether I should send money to my account in Canada or wait until next week, and it's pretty confusing!

A bunch of Grand Poobahs from the Office of Education or something came through the school. Everyone was wearing suits and pretty clothes, except for me (I was resplendent in a hippie shirt and jeans, with pink kittens all over my socks). Maybe next time they will tell me when something important is happening in the school..... (cue peals of laughter)

A group of my 3rd graders came into my classroom during lunch hour and "played school". One girl had the role of Baginia Teacher, while the others were her students. I was pretty impressed. They went through their days of the week, months of the year, animals, colours... And they were just doing it for fun! Then, they spent another five minutes writing "I love 버지니아" (that's my name in Hangeul) on the board.

Still waiting back for news from the UAE, but I've gotten the ball rolling with a few other recruiting companies as well. Things are pretty up in the air... but I'll keep you posted as things develop.

1 Comments:

  • After you called me, I checked the exchange rates and the won was trading at 977 against the Loonie. I think the banker told you the rate of the won against the US dollar. I went $1800 home on Wednesday at a rate of 950 and ended up with 1670. If it has been going to the states I would have barely had 1400 left. Eep.

    By Blogger Zach, at 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home