Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Yet Another Birthday Post...

Ms Parker in Korea!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Yet Another Birthday Post...

Are you sick of hearing about our birthdays yet?

Last night, Wim hosted a huge party at his (formerly Alex's) house. I knew that it was going to be pretty special since we were celebrating three birthdays (me, Ty, Fallon), and since I knew that Wim was putting a lot of time (and money) into this event.

Our taxi dropped us off at the gates of Wim's school, which were festooned with balloons and messages from his students like, "Congratulations your birthday" and "Happy Birth Day. I love you."

We were pretty impressed and quite enjoyed reading all these wonderful messages on our hike up to Wim's house. Wim had really gone all out, enlisting Alex's help to make dozens of paper lanterns that were lit with tealights (one string of lanterns did burst into flame, but it was quickly extinguished). We had pizza, make-your-own yogurt and fruit soju cocktails, a lot of beer and an incredible amount of new friends to meet. I felt like I was 20 again... it was just a great house party.

The highlight of the evening was our scavenger hunt, when teams of us gallopped around the school grounds, until we were ultimately led (by a trail of tealights in the forest) to the top of the hill behind Wim's house to admire the view of Mokpo all lit up at night. I'll have to admit that the walk *down* the trail in slippery flip-flops was probably not the highlight of my evening.

I can only hope that Meron (Oct 19th) and Kelly (Oct 20th) have just as awesome a celebration as I did.

P.S. Meron... did you forget to call me all this week? Maybe you're just getting OLD.

1 Comments:

  • I'm not getting old! I don't turn 34 till 10:25am. It is 9:46...technically I'm still 33 with a hangover. (Birthday dinner @ Pete's Market over the river with too many birthday shots)I'm going to be going out today to see all of the beautiful fall colours in Niagara, to be capped off by a SPECIAL birthday dinner cooked by Dave. I'll call you and gloat about it on Tuesday. Happy Birthday to Kelly!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home