Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: And then I booked a trip to India

Ms Parker in Korea!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

And then I booked a trip to India

My friend Karen and I just booked a tour to India in January.

Here's the description from the website (www.intrepidtravel.com)

Days 1-2 Delhi

The exciting capital of India is awash with sights. Head to the crowded bazaars of Old Delhi and see the Jama Masjid, the city's oldest and largest mosque.

Day 3 Agra

Constructed from marble and inlaid with jade, crystal and sapphire, the Taj Mahal must be seen to be believed.

Day 4 Fatehpur Sikri/Bharatpur

Wander through the deserted palaces of Fatehpur Sikri. For a change of pace take a rickshaw through the Keoladeo Bird Sanctuary.

Day 5 Rural Rajasthan Heritage Stay

In the middle of rural Rajasthan we stay in a former fort, now a beautiful hotel. Meet the villagers and see local craftspeople at work.

Days 6-7 Jaipur

Visit the beautiful Amber Palace en route to Jaipur, Rajasthan's famous Pink City. There is also time to see that other cultural icon, the Bollywood film!

Day 8 Ranthambhore National Park

A safari into Ranthambhore National Park reveals deer, monkeys, lakes and palace ruins. You may even catch a glimpse of the resident Bengal tigers.

Day 9 Bundi

High above the rural town of Bundi sits an ancient palace adorned in murals. Explore the palace and experience life in one of the most remote areas of Rajasthan.

Days 10-11 Bijaipur

From one extreme to another: camp under the stars at the lakeside then spend the night in the luxurious Castle Bijaipur.

Days 12-14 Pushkar

With India's only temple dedicated to Brahma, the creator, lakeside Pushkar is a major destination for pilgrims and sadhus. Take a camel ride into the desert for a magical sunset among the dunes.

Day 15 Delhi

A fitting end to our Rajasthan adventure as we come full circle to Delhi.

... And then I'll take a week or two to explore India on my own.

In other news, Meron hates me because I booked a trip to India.

8 Comments:

  • I'm still mad. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits. May the bluebird of paradise find nesting grounds in your pubic hairs.
    Don't forget to pick me up the BEST batik in the entire world to TRY to make up for visiting my favorite country before/without me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:24 PM  

  • Wow. So, you've told me how to sign up for this Teaching English thing right? India will be amazing! Have you got your innoculations? I would go just for the food, let alone the sights and the history! My friend Bill says books are so cheap there that he could've paid for a whole library if he could have shipped them back.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:47 AM  

  • Meron: I'll buy you something nice, I promise....

    Yeah - going to see a doctor this week to find out what I'll need in the way of malaria pills etc.

    It's going to be unbelievable!

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 7:22 AM  

  • Hi Its MOM So glad that you booked the trip to India - I'll send you the itinerary of when we took you when you were 5 yrs old. Many fo the same places. I'm glad you'll get to see it as an adult. Take empty suitcases for all the shopping. Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:29 AM  

  • Wow. Awesome. Virginia, can't wait to see your pictures!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:06 AM  

  • Twice? You will have gone to India twice?

    I can understand why Meron hates you. you should buy her something REAALLLY nice.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:59 PM  

  • Thank you Kat! I'm glad that SOMEONE understands that Virginia going to India again without me is totally wrong. She's a really crappy friend huh? (especially since she crowed about it over the phone)

    Meron

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:31 PM  

  • He Meron and Kat,
    I agree with you... she is a crappy friend.
    I'm here in Korea with her, on the same program as her, with basically the same holidays as her, and she hasn't invited me along either!
    Don't know why I consider her a friend.
    Oh... Virginia... You read your comments? Sorry.
    You know we love ya.
    :)

    By Blogger Goulash, at 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home