Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Lucky Me

Ms Parker in Korea!

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Lucky Me








I'm extremely lucky to have had my Mom here in Korea for the past 2 weeks. We saw so many things, and I think she got a good idea of the ex-pat Korea lifestyle. She left this morning, and my apartment feels very empty without her. My Mom's birthday gift to me was a large poster of everything that we did together during her trip (you know.... my Mom's an artist...) which is proudly displayed on my wall (out of Jakob's reach).

Her last weekend in Korea was punctuated by late night after late night and some new adventures. On Thursday, we (Nina, Karen, Helen, Mom and I) went for supper, then off to Julianna's, where we met up with Cassandra, Kirsten, Lesley, Melissa, Chris and Steve (and others...). Thanks to Karen (for the cake), Nina and Cassandra (for the presents - what an awesome surprise!).

On Friday, I was really not feeling well at all (something I ate?), which was a sucky way to spend my birthday (in the nurse's room at school!). Mom and I headed to Mokpo, finally visiting Brent and Stephanie. We started off at a vegetarian buffet with Nicola, Chad, Maura, Max, Brent and Stephanie, which was really awesome. Maura and Nicola surprised me with some nice gifts, then Steve found us and we were off to wander around Mokpo (which is a really nice place to visit). After a few beers, we found ourselves in a Norae room, where we sang our lungs out before heading home. Mom, forever the trooper, did a duet with Steve for "Hey Jude", and managed to keep on going until 3 a.m.!

Saturday, Chad and Nicola served us all a delicious breakfast, before we (Chad, Nicola, Brent, Stephanie and Stu) headed either over or around Yudal mountain. Once again, we were blessed with gorgeous weather, while news of SNOW in Canada had my Mom asking if she could just stay forever in Korea. After a lazy afternoon, we headed out shopping (again), then out to say hello to the folks at the infamous Mokpo P-Club, before returning home.

Sunday morning, my mom and I exchanged a few hugs and tears before she boarded the KTX to Seoul for her flight home.

Thanks to Brent and Stephanie for sharing their apartment with us, and to my friends in Korea for helping me celebrate. Thanks to everyone who sent virtual greetings and e-cards and e-mails. Makes me feel special to know that you haven't forgotten about me. :)

Thanks to Mom for visiting me in Korea. I love you lots.

5 Comments:

  • Hi Virginia! How nice it must have been to have your mom over!!! Are you still using your hotmail address? I get your messages on my blog but I never get replies from my messages on ms_parker@hotmail.com
    Myrianne xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:52 PM  

  • You guys were amazing! Can't believe you partied so late considering your sickocity!

    Great to see you guys and Great to meet you MOM!

    By Blogger Brent, at 6:05 PM  

  • Ditto what Brent said! Glad you had a great Birthday Virginia!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:56 AM  

  • Hi its MOM I don't know where to start thanking everyone for the wonderful hospitality I experienced from all Virginia's friends, I want to mention names but I think I'll leave someone out so just do a general 'thanks for the memories'.

    You'll find that you will remain friends forever with this type of bonding even after you all go your separate ways after Korea.

    At present I am suffering the AK (after Korea blues). I lost 5 lbs too from all that mountain climbing through temples, subways & up the Shedai stairs.

    Enjoy your travels everyone & thanks again for a wonderful time.

    Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 AM  

  • Happy Birthday Girl!!! I know I sent your gift and card awhile ago...but I wanted to say it again :) I wish I were there for your big day :) I'm glad you had a great birthday. YOU deserve it!

    Take care...

    Love ya,
    April xox

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home