Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Daewonsa... Again

Ms Parker in Korea!

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Daewonsa... Again






Back in June, I went to Daewonsa (the little Tibet in Korea) with Jen. I was totally amazed by the beauty of this temple and museum, and wanted to return one day.

Today, I dragged Karen, Arsalan, Melissa, Chris and Jessica out to see it for themselves. It's quite a trek to get to Daewonsa, but it is worth it. There have been a lot of improvements to the museum since I was there last, and the fall colours make a nice backdrop to the temple buildings. We checked out the museum, the temple, took a walk down to a really excellent restaurant for some spicy duck soup, and then hung out in a pagoda before making the return trek home.

It was an awesomely wonderiffic day.... Since my camera allows me to take video, I'll just let the pictures and videos do their own talking. Video 1 = inside the shrine outside the museum. Video 2 = Melissa and Chris looking at the sand mandala. There is sound on both these videos, so turn on (or off) your speakers...




5 Comments:

  • I love awesomely wonderiffic days!
    We need to hit Daewonsa!!!

    By Blogger Brent, at 10:01 PM  

  • Hi Its MOM guess what!!!1 The video worked for me. Neat stuff

    Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:32 AM  

  • I still love that statue so much! I'm thinking about making it my desktop image at work.

    It was a good day. Thanks again for suggesting it.

    Jessica

    By Blogger Jess, at 8:56 PM  

  • Sweet pics!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:57 PM  

  • Such incredible videos. Thanks for sharing them! The audio adds so much to the experience....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home