Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Mr Shane (Hamster): May 2006 - October 2007

Ms Parker in Korea!

Friday, October 05, 2007

Mr Shane (Hamster): May 2006 - October 2007

Mr Shane and Yongi
Mr Shane and Jen
Mr Shane and Randi
Mr Shane and Steve
Mr Shane and Marley
Mr Shane and Matt and Helen
Mr Shane and Nicola
Mr Shane and Mr. Shane (Nicola named him)

Update: He'd been doing poorly of late. I noticed him breathing rapidly from time to time, and it just worsened yesterday. He was laying on his side and looking at me, but when I reached in to pick him up, he reacted by running over to his food dish, then trying to escape out the cage door. I picked him up, and he did a half-assed face-wash, which as you all know is international hamster code for "Everything's just fine, thanks". Then, this morning, he was just laying there, eyes half-opened, and I just knew.

Burial services will be today, after school, most probably somewhere randomly on Yudal mountain where the dirt is soft enough to be dug up with a spoon. Ushering him to the afterlife will be his wooden barrel and a handful of his favourite foods. He's currently lying in state in the hamster morgue, aka my freezer.

13 Comments:

  • I'm so sorry.

    Love.

    By Blogger Jess, at 8:01 AM  

  • Wow, what happened? He was so lively when I was there on the weekend.

    I'm sorry for your loss.

    By Blogger Goulash, at 8:59 AM  

  • Hi Its MOM Sorry about Mr Shane, what happened?

    Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:32 AM  

  • *more hugs*

    J

    By Blogger Jen @ Light Enough to Travel, at 5:27 PM  

  • He's buried on Yudal mountain - off a trail leading up to the gazebo that Jen and I pass on our hikes.

    Buried with his hamster wheel, some sunflower seeds, a slice of carrot and a bit of zucchini.

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 5:30 PM  

  • I am very sorry for your loss. I know that he was a beloved companion. My heart goes out to you and Jakob.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:08 AM  

  • Oh V, so sorry for your loss... Glad that I got the chance to meet him before I left Korea...hope you and Jacob are doing ok :) Take care :) xox
    April

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:11 AM  

  • i have a pile of hamster/gerbil and rabit cages plus a dog crate in by back yard if you need one, so i know how you feel

    oh, and an aquarium, too

    my next pet will be a galapagos turtle - apparently they last about 200 years

    alan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:40 AM  

  • H Virge,
    I too am so sorry for your loss. I hope you are comforted by the fact that he had a really good life and home. Ans it sounds like a wonderful burial ceremony as well. I am thinking about you in these difficult times...and Jacob as well.
    Ina

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:18 AM  

  • To Alan,

    Just wanted to tell you that a turtle is a loooot of job
    I own one myself and GOD, that needs a lot of attention, as much as cat!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:09 AM  

  • Good bye, Mr Shane.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:19 PM  

  • hey Virg,
    I'm so sorry about Mr. Shane, I am sending you a big hug
    I missed you so much yesterday as I went to Shaika Cafe for the first time in about a year. when is that teleportation thing going to happen
    Love,
    Katrina

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:56 AM  

  • Oh Mr. Shane,
    You were a mysterious soul with a great love for good food, hanging out with friends and eating the bars of your cage.

    The likes of you have never been seen before and will probably not be seen again.

    RIP kind soul.

    (Hamster obituaries are cute!)

    By Blogger Brent, at 12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home