Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Taiwan: Day One

Ms Parker in Korea!

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Taiwan: Day One

We (Nina, Christa and I) arrived last night after a full day of traveling (Mokpo - Gwangju - Seoul - Incheon - Taipei) and we haven't really slowed down...

Here's a very quick of my first impressions - Quick since I'm currently on a Chinese computer that I have to pay for:

1. There are scooters EVERYWHERE here.
2. It rains all the time.
3. Virginia in a Jade Market could also be entitled "A Fool and Her Money...."
4. When it isn't raining, it's humid as hell.
5. And then it starts raining again.
6. It's a *very* clean city and beautiful with wide boulevards, lots of trees (yay) and not too "city-ish" like Beijing or Tokyo or Seoul.
7. The shopping is great fun.
8. The people are beautifully dressed with eccentric hairstyles.... love it.
9. There are 812 ways to prepare tofu here, apparently, and I've not yet had my fill.
10. We are *very* lucky to be traveling with Nina, who used to live here and who is showing us around.
11. It's just started raining again....

I'm going to go wake Nina and Christa up now and demand to be taken to the Night Market for some more shopping.

3 Comments:

  • So glad to hear that you're having a great time. I am organising your birthday gift to give to your Mum at Dad's party on Saturday. Are you looking for the best birthday gift ever in Taiwan for me? (ahem)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 PM  

  • Hey Girl... glad you made it there... have a blast, be safe, and take lots of pictures :)

    Take care,
    April xox

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:47 AM  

  • You are such a slave driver!!!
    I remember how long it took to get out of Mokpo each time we went on vacation. Oh the things you have to deal with when you have so much vacation!!!

    Take lots of pictures!!!

    By Blogger Brent, at 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home