Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Flowers, Beach and Survival Korean

Ms Parker in Korea!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Flowers, Beach and Survival Korean

I got home from a long day of work (aka Facebooking and showing movies to my students) on Friday and had a lovely surprise. Ty had gone out and picked flowers from around our building - cherry blossoms, yellow things and pink stuff. I found it sweet... Jakob found it delicious.

He also gave me an mp3 player that he'd won from one of those games, you know, where you use a claw to pick stuff up? And usually it's just crap anyway? Well, the claw-game-things in Korea also have cool things like, apparently, mp3 players. He also loaded all my favourite playlists from my computer onto it. Such a nice surprise!

This was pretty much *the* weekend for cherry blossoms - they are just everywhere now, cropping up in unexpected places (who knew there were so many of these trees all over Korea?) and dropping their petals on all who walk among them.

On Saturday, a veritable gang of Mokpo-ites wandered over to Wando to play on the beach and also say goodbye to Stu, who will be leaving for a few months (but coming back in August!). It was quite windy, and a bit too chilly for all but the most intrepid of campers to sleep over, but it was just wonderful to run around on the beach again.

On the beach...
The Pagoda girls - me, Ha-young, Lindsey, Jessica

Under my sarong

In other news, I've finally started meeting Sunny for my Korean lessons. My ultimate goal is to work my way through the "Survival Korean" book, with her helping, explaining and testing me along the way. She also taught me how to use the Korean on my cellphone so that I can now send a text message in Korean! Woooo!

1 Comments:

  • Hi Its MOM I finally was able to get in to leave a commeent.
    Ah! Spring, blossoms,and we still have bare trees & cold rain.
    Please give Stu my regards, I loved Wando when I was there & to be so close to a beach to run around on. Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home