Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: School picnic

Ms Parker in Korea!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

School picnic

I recall reading a few years ago - long before I planned to move overseas - that there are certain things that happen, attitudewise, when you are in a foreign country, specifically with annual occurrences.

The first time something happens, you are excited, happy and enthralled with the new experience. The second time it comes around, you may take a step back, and compare it to the first time, testing out the different way that you feel this year as opposed to the year before. By the time you hit the 3rd, 4th, 5th time, you may barely even notice it happening, or only for long enough to roll your eyes in a "here we go again" way.

Yesterday was my school's picnic on Yudal mountain. Last year, this was worth about 40 photos on my camera and a full-on gushing blog (check archives of Oct 2007). This year, I texted Alex a million times to complain about how it was boring compared to last year (which it was). On the upside, my students are still as lovable as ever, if not more so. They climbed all over me, fed me cookies, candy, oranges and anything they could lay their grimy paws on (my immune system is stronger than anyone else's on the planet... I work with children in a land of no soap). I chatted with several teachers, and spent a good 15 minutes bonding with the VP, and quite enjoyed the whole crystal blue sky and perfect weather watching the leaves begin to turn and slowly drift to the ground on a soft breeze... but... somehow... it just wasn't the same.

In other news, UAE plans are still continuing... will keep you posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home