Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Three years...

Ms Parker in Korea!

Monday, December 29, 2008

Three years...

Last night, Ty and I sat at our respective computers and read through a few of the archives of my blog.

I've had this thing for about 3 years now (since Jan 2006) and it's neat to see the evolution. I re-read posts where I talked about friends, weekend trips to temples, trips to different countries, funny "Only in Korea" moments, visitors from Canada, my pets, the teaching situation, and all the good and bad things that have happened since I first arrived.

As I read, it occured to me that I was very lucky to have come here when I did. I got to do everything that I set out to do: Travelling, paying down debts, escaping the "normal" life back home, and all within a lifestyle that allowed me to have a lot of fun while I added to my pedagogical portfolio.

We're only one week away from our fly-out date to the UAE (we leave Jan 5), and that date will mark the end of this blog. Once we get to Abu Dhabi, we'll have a few days there before we head to Madinat Zayed (it's better known as Beda Zayed or Bida Zayed - a google search on those terms will give you more information and pictures than searching for Madinat Zayed), where we will live in a hotel until our apartment is ready at the beginning of February.

I will certainly start up a new blog, but I doubt that it will be updated as frequently as this one has been. Still, it's a great way to remember the big and little events of my life over the past 3 years. Even if no one ever reads it, at least I have it for myself.

The apartment is a disaster - today we are taking suitcases and boxes to the post office to ship them off. Anything that is left here now is either being tossed, being left behind, or being packed.... and there is still a lot of stuff, or so it seems. Next Monday, we will leave Mokpo, each with a suitcase, a backpack and a cat.

So, for those who have been faithful readers, I guess I have to say "Thank you" for being a part of the journey, and I hope you enjoyed reading about all my different adventures out here. The UAE is going to be completely different from what I've had here, and I really just can't wait to get on with it!

One more week....

3 Comments:

  • Is your phone still hooked up? If I call MY tomorrow morning...will someone speaking English answer the phone?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:05 PM  

  • Aww I'm sad you're closing the blog. Will look forward to reading your new one... I hope you update it at least monthly! Otherwise we'll have to remember to actually email each other... goodness! Mine will still be going strong towards the end of summer at least.

    Lots of love and best wishes for a safe flight for you both!
    All the best!

    J

    By Blogger Jen @ Light Enough to Travel, at 4:28 AM  

  • Dear Virginia...
    My guess about you closing your blog is that you just don't have enough time to do EVERYTHING you wanna do in life!!! No more time to sit in front of a computer, right? Well, enjoy all the new things that come up in your (again!) new life. Have fun, love it, but come back to see us once in a while... or for ever!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home