Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Chennai (Madras)

Ms Parker in Korea!

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Chennai (Madras)

Well, we've traded in chapati for dosai, Hindi for Tamil, dust and chaos for neon and billboards, and mirrored Rajasthani tapestries for (what else?) Madras plaid. It's almost as if we've come to a whole other country (again). Look at a map of India and measure for yourself just how far we have travelled over the past month. It's absolutely insane.

Chennai was definitely a good place to finish off this month in India. I'm heading to Pondicherry tomorrow, just for an overnight visit, while Karen stays in Chennai to see if Marina Beach is really the longest beach in all of Asia. We'll get back to Delhi (blech) for one day before we have to leave this glorious country.

I've never spent this long on a vacation in any place, and I don't know if I will be able to find the words to describe everything that I've seen and done. Even the pictures won't do it justice, I know. Yes, Meron, I think I am finally understanding why you want to come back here.

5 Comments:

  • You're finally understanding why I want to go back, and you haven't even visited the most beautiful parts of India. Remember, we lived above the clouds in the most awe inspiring mountain range in the world. WAAHHHH! I want to go back! Maybe I'll start saving, and your mum and I will go...what do you say Mrs. Virginia?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:25 PM  

  • Hi Its MOM Yes, yes, anytime! As I said before, once you've been there you can't get it out of your blood. "A House in Pondicherry" is a MUST read for anyone, sorry, it's not in my book shelf right now, but packed away someplace or I'd be reading it over again, since its too balsted cold to go out this weekend anyways. Enjoy the beaches!!! Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:19 PM  

  • Pondicherry is great! Spent the afternoon touring around on a rented scooter (glad I know how to ride one, although the Indian version includes dodging children, dogs, cycle rickshaws, auto rickshaws, 4 million other motorcycles, and the odd cow, while trying to admire the Bay of Bengal and beach AND remember to stay on the left side of the road), but don't worry Mom, I've returned it back to the rental place and am still all in one piece.

    Saw all the places where "A House In Pondicherry" was set, including the actual house.

    Back to Chennai tomorrow. Will try to buy something nice, i.e. madras fabric.

    Really don't want to go back to Korea, at all!

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 10:15 PM  

  • Try to find words for a 10-month trip around the world!!! Plus, we seem to have lost the pictures of the 2 first months... The package containing the CDs we sent home from Spain didn't make it... Very, VERY, frustrating. We'll have to rely on our memories...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:51 PM  

  • ruth,

    wow

    alan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home