Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Cat Lady

Ms Parker in Korea!

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Cat Lady




I guess I just attract them.

Last night, coming back from Tae Kwon Do, a kitten ran past me and under a parked car. When I knelt down to see him better, he walked over to me, climbed into my arms, snuggled up against me and started purring.

Yeah, okay, what would you do?

By doing a google search for "Jakob's brother", I've come up with the (temporary) rather Biblical name of Esau for him (not sure how to pronounce that, but have been calling him "Ee-saw"). I've got folks interested in adopting him, but the timing is just all wrong: Everyone, including me, is either on vacation or heading out very soon.

Jakob and Esau, unlike their Biblical counterparts, are getting along quite well. I had the fun experience of being a kitty sandwich last night, with one orange Korean street cat on either side of me (Why are they all orange? Are there no cats of other colours but orange tabby or white with grey spots?).

For now, I think Esau is just happy to be off the streets.

5 Comments:

  • Aww, they really DO look like brothers!!

    Just saying, both lapcat and play cat... maybe if Jakob had a friend he would stop trying to claw your face off...

    If Jakob DOES end up with a brother, they would both have a home for the summer. Just so you know.

    By Blogger Jess, at 2:28 PM  

  • Are you turning into the little old lady with all of the cats at the age of thirty-two? ...Does Esau have worms/fleas that he can share with his brother?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:11 PM  

  • Jessica - do not tempt me to keep him!

    No fleas... don't know about worms.

    I've always been a crazy cat lady.

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 9:59 PM  

  • Former Sunday School girl says:
    Ee-Saw is the correct pronunciation....I just finished reading a book called the RED TENT a fictionalized account of Dinah, the daughter of Jacob....strange coincidence...no?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 PM  

  • I think the Simpsons caught you on film!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDrtscae9dk

    By Blogger Brent, at 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home