Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Last Day in India

Ms Parker in Korea!

Friday, February 09, 2007

Last Day in India

Before I left Korea, I declared that I didn't want to see any cockroaches during my visit in India. Meron laughed. Jeannie laughed. Helen laughed the hardest.

And... well.... it ALMOST worked.

Yesterday (that would be the 2nd last day here), we saw a total of 7 cockroaches. Two in Chennai (on the breakfast buffet), 3 little ones in our Delhi hotel bathroom and 2 that met their untimely demise under my shoe (also in our hotel room).

This is our last afternoon here before we embark on a flight to Japan, a day in Tokyo, a flight to Seoul and a mad dash to get back to Suncheon before school starts.

I have loved every single day here (Some days more than others, but still, every day has given me something new and amazing). In the past month, I have become addicted to chai, chapatis and Bollywood. I've worn holes in my camel leather shoes as I've walked filthy laneways, narrow alleys, sandy deserts, dusty roads, hopped over rocks and fences, while dodging cows, freaky hippies, beggars and goats. I've travelled by private car, taxi, jeep, local bus, "deluxe" bus (HA!), camel, horse, scooter, cycle rickshaw, auto rickshaw, and on the back of a motorcycle. I've learned how to haggle with rickshaw wallahs and store clerks, and to differentiate between a tout and someone who is just being helpful.

Wow.

Can't wait to post my pictures.

3 Comments:

  • Hi its MOM When I are you going back ( so I can meet you there)? Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:31 PM  

  • Mrs. Virginia, didn't you mean WE can meet her there?

    I am waiting impatiently for you to get home and post your pictures.

    If you're good, I'll give you my recipe for masala chai (it is the BEST...from Northern India)that you can make in Korea.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 PM  

  • mmmmm chai.....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home