Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Greetings from Paradise...

Ms Parker in Korea!

Friday, January 04, 2008

Greetings from Paradise...

I'm going to keep this short, since I can't even show pictures or anything.... suffice to say that Bali is a gorgeous place, with delicious food and really really nice people. There are temples and idols (to which numerous offerings a day are made) everywhere...

We've finally arrived on Gili Trawangan, to our INCREDIBLE FIVE STAR TEAK AND RATTAN BUNGALOW WITH EN SUITE STONE BATHROOM, and made a few friends with the locals (learned how to play dominoes just now...) already. It's going to be an interesting visit, I am sure.

So far, the following people have laughed at my name:
  • The customs guy at the airport (then he asked me if I had any whiskey);
  • The lady at the front desk at the Bali Sorgawi hotel in Kuta (she laughed twice, once when I was checking in, once when I was checking out);
  • The guy on the bus to the ferry to Gili (he also asked me if I was a virgin... is this like a traditional greeting or something?);
  • The waiter who then taught us how to play dominoes at the restaurant in Gili T (he also claimed that he was a virgin... ya, I can see this joke getting really old, really fast....).

Hope you are all doing well... am keeping fingers crossed for an end to the rain at some point. Scuba lessons start tomorrow, and I am just glad to finally be here, to finally be able to relax (I've been on the road pretty much living out of my bag since Monday....), and enjoy the atmosphere of this incredible island.

5 Comments:

  • Lovely post. Am suprised to note no references to shopping...batik shopping in particular...(my word verification thingie is longer than my comment!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:24 AM  

  • Hi Its Mom Get lots of batiks for quilts & pillows, etc. Have fun!
    Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:29 AM  

  • Time to use your pseudonym "Poody" I think. That won't get you any laughs!

    By Blogger Char, at 9:43 AM  

  • Vee...have a very happy 2008!! Wish I were traveling with you :) Sounds like a blast. I catch up every week to see how your travels are. Have Fun, Be Safe and Enjoy YOURSELF!!!

    love Monica

    By Blogger Monica, at 1:39 AM  

  • It was -11 here the other day!
    Enjoy the beach!

    By Blogger Brent, at 3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home