Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: From Copenhagen to Gothenburg....

Ms Parker in Korea!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

From Copenhagen to Gothenburg....

So, the train ride to Copenhagen went smoothly enough. My mom and I had a good laugh when we got on the train and realized that we were in the top bunks - like at the VERY top, right by the ceiling. My Mom, ever the trooper, managed to get up there though... which is pretty impressive for a 67-year-old lady, I think.

With a full, and rather rainy, afternoon ahead of us upon our arrival, we decided to... hey... get back on a train for an hour and head to Kronburg, which was the castle that inspired Shakespeare for the setting of Hamlet.

The next day, with better weather, we wandered around the city, seeing things like the famous Little Mermaid statue, and eating lunch at Nyhavn.

The next day (Umm.... Thursday??), we parted ways. Our week together was great - we covered so much ground, but never got overly exhausted by our touring around.

And so, I boarded a train from Copenhagen to Gothenburg, Sweden to visit a girl that I'd met in an airport in Indonesia in January. I ended up having 3 fabulous days of walking, island visits, cycling... I will have to write more about it when I get back to Korea. Her family was so amazingly generous with me, making me feel welcome and letting me be a part of celebrations like her uncle's birthday and a neat party where you wear funny hats, sing... and do shots of Russian vodka (which put me in less than tip-top shape for my bus back to Copenhagen).

And so, now I'm in a train station in Copenhagen, waiting to head out to the airport for my flight to Paris... I've managed to put soooo much into the past 10 days, but I only have a few more days to go before I'll be heading home. On one hand, I would have loved to have spent more time in each place - on the other hand, I've seen and done so many awesome things that I feel that the time limit has kept me from stagnating - this is really the first morning that I have nowhere to be and nothing much to do (except find myself some coffee....)

Alrighty... so, see you in Paris!

1 Comments:

  • It is wonderful to read that you're having the time of your life. Please remember that your life won't be worth much if you can't find my flaccid Eiffel Tower. PARIS! (I hate you)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home