Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Montreal weekend

Ms Parker in Korea!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Montreal weekend


In celebration of Ellie's departure for New Zealand, I spent this past weekend in Montreal (well, Hudson and Ile Perrot really) doing lots of fun activities with my friends. By lots of fun activities, I mean "shopping" and "eating". No, seriously, all we did was shop and eat. Like, Saturday, we ate, shopped, ate, shopped, ate, and Sunday we ate, shopped, ate. But, we were on a mission: Heather needed work clothes.... Exceptionally, I didn't buy anything (except for a few t-shirts at The Gap).

At one point, after eating but before shopping on Saturday (although some things were purchased here, so it might count as shopping), we went to a charity animal show thing. Megan, Ina's daughter, was flinging herself around and having fun with her "aunties" when a photographer from the Montreal Gazette approached Ina and asked if he could take some pics of Megan with a dog - the result of which you can see here. Isn't she gorgeous???

Anyway, it was great to see Ellie before she left (we spent our last few hours together learning how to do those Sudoku puzzle things), and absolutely awesome to see everyone before I leave. Thanks to Heather for letting me stay with her for a few nights, Terry for the gift of Shaika coffee and a coffee cup (very useful in Korea, where real coffee is hard to find), Katrina for letting me stay with her on Sunday (and getting me to the train on time...ahem), Ina for letting us have a huge feast at her house on Sunday, and for suggesting that we shop and eat all weekend. Perhaps I should thank Jim for getting me addicted to Sudoku.....

I wasn't able to see all my Montreal friends, because of time constraints between eating and shopping. I wish that I could have spent another day there....

On Monday, I arrived for my train exactly 3 minutes before the departure (Katrina asked me if I was "one of those people who has to arrive way before you leave" and I said "no", but that might change after my Amazing Race-like run towards the train platform at 9:36 when the train was leaving at 9:40. Once in Toronto, I decided to... you guessed it... shop and eat (why stop now?). I picked up a gorgeous brown distressed leather boot - on sale!

Now, I am back to the grind, still not sure of my exact date of departure... but we're in the homestretch!

2 Comments:

  • Katrina here...what happened it should have only taken you 20 min to get to the train station! but you did say you wanted another day in Montreal...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 AM  

  • what... no pics of the boot?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home