Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Meron's all mad at me because...

Ms Parker in Korea!

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Meron's all mad at me because...

... she says that I don't like her as much as everyone else. I've spent quite a few weekends at her place, but it never seems important enough to make it to my blog. This weekend, however, two things happened to change all that.

First off, I learned that Meron's (and Dave's) cats have their own MSN space. I've added the link to my list (... and this is a special for Heather because Jacques is a real Maine Coon).

The second reason that Meron is finally being mentioned here has to do with martinis. Last night, instead of playing cards, drinking coolers and then going to bed before 10 (like the last time I stayed over), we went out for girly martinis with our friend Amanda. As the evening progressed, we were choosing our next martinis as soon as the new ones arrived (then staring blankly at the new martini asking, "um, what did I order again? Is this a Lone Ranger or a Marilyn Monroe?" The bartender explained to us, as we lurched to our feet out the door (in search of cheese), that each martini contained at least 3 shots.

Off we went, then, to the Flying Saucer restaurant (a.k.a The Flying Dump). Any of you who may have visited Niagara Falls as a child would certainly remember a greasy kind of restaurant that looks like a UFO. It's an institution here, known for its delicious post-martini foods (like fried cheese balls and sour cream, and, yes, poutine).

Next week, I'm off to Toronto to meet with the Korean consular. I should have a better idea of where I'm going (and when). In the meantime, I am able to write hangul script, and sound out some words. I'm also able to say such wonderful things (in Korean) as "Please bring me some octopus", "This is my wife" and "I am meeting the Japanese teacher". Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

  • Salut,
    à ce que je vois tu as une vie plus que palpitante!
    Personnellement, je m'apprête bientôt à copier mon idole, encore! Nous allons faire lire Brave New World à nos petits de 2 (en français bien sûr). J'ai un peu l'mpression de suivre tes traces cette année. Hummm, je vais peut-être finir en Corée moi aussi...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home