Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Hmmm....

Ms Parker in Korea!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Hmmm....

So, yesterday was a minor crisis day as I tried to sort out getting my alien card in time to go visit Nicola for the weekend. Yes, I am officially an alien. (no comment)

Hopefully I will have it soon.

I surprised a few people this morning (your evening) with some phone calls. All of my phone numbers were in my cell phone, which is somewhere in Canada. DO NOT assume that I have your number and please e-mail it to me.

When you come to Korea, you can also experience the following:

- purple grape flavoured bread (I haven't tasted it yet).
- I cross SEVEN lanes of traffic to get to my bus stop in the morning.
- Red lights are optional for drivers -- oh, and they have the right of way, not pedestrians, so you'd better learn to sprint.
- Kimchi: it cures birdflu and SARS.

Will hopefully have internet at home soon -- and be able to post more pics of my surroundings. Got a ride through some rice paddies yesterday. Absolutely gorgeous.

3 Comments:

  • Hi Its MOM I noticed you aren't getting as many comments, probably because you talked to everyone on the phone.

    You'd better be careful dashing across 7 lanes of traffic, YOI
    Its a MOM thing to worry about you. love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:19 AM  

  • Hey! I still haven't got the habit of checking your blog, sorry. But just now I have read your last 10 messages and I'm glad to see you seem to be enjoying yourself! Making and tasting new food, making necklaces with your name in a new language, seeing new places... That is all wonderful!!! You will "withdraw" a lot from this experience! Enjoy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:57 AM  

  • Did I say 7 lanes?

    Oh, I meant 2, then 6, then 7 -- that's 15 lanes actually.

    Koreans are the 2nd worst drivers in the world. And I would be afraid to see who the worst are!

    Don't worry Mom, there are traffic policemen (wearing pink) to help me cross the road.....

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home