Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Hmmm, and now it seems to have worked....

Ms Parker in Korea!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Hmmm, and now it seems to have worked....

The post about the folk village and the post about not being able to get blogger to work have both arrived on my blog. Yay. I would not have wanted to retype the whole folk dancing post again!

Tonight I am repacking everything (it almost looks like my luggage exploded into the hotel room - Kelly and Kimmy would understand from our hotel room in Montreal). Tomorrow, I go to Suncheon and finally move into my new apartment. I don't know when my next posting/e-mailing time will be. I have a feeling that I will need some time to relax/prepare my next classes. This week has been somewhat overwhelming: jetlag, partying, lots of information coming in, lots of fun, but I am also looking forward to getting into my own space in order to settle in for real.

This orientation week is like a surreal vacation. I've loved every minute of it, but can't forget that I will have to start teaching again in two days! It's a bit hard to believe sometimes that I am really in Korea. And of course, once I have a phone, you can be sure that I will call a few of you (you know, at 3 am Canada time, just to chat!).

6 Comments:

  • hey, it's kelly. sounds like your having an awesome time! i can't wait for some pics! the temples...ah, i can't wait to visit!
    the internet still isn't working at strega, hence the lack of replys from me. steve and i are still looking for apartments (can you believe today is our 1 year?), patti has left (so sad), sebastian is even bigger (misses thursday night mommy, gorging himself), kim is gearing up to go (when she's not drunk,sleeping or making a mess) and strega is surviving in your absence (barely, i've decided to hire jessica and deanna). everyone asks about you regularily.
    squid eh? miss you much

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:51 PM  

  • Hey hey!
    It's Natalia. Ben/Mike/Maria/etc all say big hi to you from the office.

    Your papasan is my new favourite thing in the whole wide world (kitties agree), the naked girl poster moved itself to my bathroom (where it perfectly matches the shower curtain) and my mother was smitten by your pots and pans when she visited last week. So things are in a good home, living quite happily.

    In other news, I have a few paintings up on a wall at Kafein coffee shop. Quite exciting! A whole wall! And I'm going to NY this week for 5 full days.

    Since you said you wanted banal news - we're getting lunch at the office today.

    Cheers!
    Nat

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:17 AM  

  • HEY HEY!

    Kelly: of course I knew you would have to hire 2 people to replace me (mwaaa ha ha). Just kidding. Please tell all that I say "hi". Send personal e-mail with all details on new apt etc. Does Patti have e-mail up north?

    Natalia: AHHHHH - great to hear from you! I will be sending you some pics for blog heading now that I am finally here. Is Mike going to Oz? Tell him that he should come to Korea. Hi Ben. What about Denis?

    버 치 λ‹ˆ μ•„

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 7:37 AM  

  • Sounds like it's fabulous over there. Very jealous. Can't convince John to give up the stability of our lifestyle to sell everything and tour the world... keep giving me ammunition.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:03 AM  

  • It is fabulous so far! Of course, this is the first week, and we've been wined and dined all week. It's surreal to be bowed to by a Korean in a posh suit when you were a waitress just a few days ago.

    I leave for Suncheon in a few hours. I will certainly miss Nicola - she's been a great part of this journey.

    Meron: am buying This Plus.

    Myrianne: Please ask if I should write an article for CSA magazine in English or French. If French, will need proofreader.

    I will be posting photos once I get my computer hooked up in Suncheon.

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 11:13 AM  

  • HI Virge, Ina here...
    It has become my routine now to read your blog every night! Very entertaining and fun. It really sounds amazing, and I loved the picture album. Everything is good here. Spring has come, work is a little better, and I am looking forward to our garden and pool. Megan says hi! How do I post a picture on this thing? I could send you a pic of the new family member! I miss you, and enjoy hearing all your news! Starbucks...Body Shop...do you think they might have an IKEA so you can personalize your apartment? Hope you like it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home