Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: IN SUNCHEON!

Ms Parker in Korea!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

IN SUNCHEON!

Suncheon is absolutely gorgeous. Try to imagine tall narrow apartment buildings sprinkled through a million mountains. It's incredible.

Yesterday afternoon, I arrived in my apartment with Mrs Pak, my co-teacher. I don't yet have a phone (the last guy who was there had a girlfriend in Korea and was never in his apartment, so didn't use phone). How can I describe my apt? It's about the size of when I lived on Sherbrooke Ouest or Cote St-Luc. I will probably take a couple photos and then send them off once I get a phone line (and internet) in my apt. (I'm on my school computer right now).

First impressions:

1. Love ondol heating (like a radiator under the floor)
2. My washing machine is more technologically advanced than my laptop - and all in Korean.
3. I live in an apartment complex with a health club, grocery store and department store nearby.
4. My co-teacher is AWESOME!
5. I am wearing my red suit and plastic sandals (no outdoor shoes inside).
6. I will be seeing each class (17 classes) once a week. Also have 2 teacher workshops.

I need to write something longer, I know. There's just so much to say, and pictures will tell the story better than a simple post.

Keep in touch!

6 Comments:

  • Hi Its Mom

    WELCOME HOME

    Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:49 AM  

  • you go girl!

    kelly & kimmy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:46 AM  

  • Katrina:
    It all sounds so amazing and I am glad for the regular updates so I can try to imagine what you are experiencing...can't wait to hear more

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:25 PM  

  • I'm sure that some things are being lost in translation. There is another Waguk (foreigner) at the school, Lucan, and I just sat in on his class. He's pretty cool - has travelled around a lot. Korean students talk a lot. Can't wait to start teaching my own classes.

    Mrs Pak's students had a surprise party for me - powerpoint, balloons, noise makers etc. Very cool. Glad to know that they all love me and think I am beautiful already. :)

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 12:39 PM  

  • Hey
    Natalia here again!

    Guess guess who's back working for Paramount? Catherine!
    It has gone a full circle. Alas.

    Robert's not here though, so she won't ask me whether I'm eating lunch with my "sweetheart" anymore.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:41 PM  

  • Hey Natalia - what happened? Tell me all about it in a personal e-mail. I want all the gossip!

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home