Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Updates

Ms Parker in Korea!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Updates

Here are a few updates from the land of me:

1. Tickets to China are bought and paid for. The full itinerary can be found at www.kangsantravel.com - it's the 5 day trip (no, that is not a link, you'll actually have to type it yourself). Tickets to Malaysia are bought and paid for and in my sweaty little hands. The Malaysia trip will be the first time in my life that I am arriving somewhere with no idea of what I am going to do. I mean, I have a vague idea of going to Pulau Kapas, but beyond that? I've got no real concrete plans.

2. Mr. Shane has a new home. After a few weeks of watching the little guy suffer from the heat, I fell off my wallet and bought him a rockin' new pad: purple grill, aqua green loft, yellow exercise wheel, flurescent yellow food dish, and a little purple tube slide thingy. He showed his appreciation by making so much noise that I couldn't sleep. His favourite foods include asparagus (at $4 for 6 spears, he won't be eating much), broccoli, and bugles chips. Not surprisingly, given my track record for obese animals, he is a fat little guy.

3. From now until the end of the school term, I have 10 teaching days left, after which I will have a week and a half of supplementary classes (summer school - but for everybody, not just the kids who have failed) and then a summer camp (that I have to plan! Arrrgh!) I know that today (or yesterday) was the last day of school in Canada. See, school starts in March or something here, so my long vacation will be in January.

4. The monsoon officially starts this weekend. Yay! I mean... Boo! Apparently, by this time last year, the monsoon was already two weeks old. I've been warned that my clothes will go mouldy and my books will curl, just from the extra humidity.

5. Also this weekend, we will be celebrating Canada Day. Yes, with all the Canadians here, you can imagine that it will be quite a party. Because I am a spoiled brat, my mommy sent me a "Canadian girls have more fun" shirt that I will probably wear to school tomorrow. As the only person who has spent more than a week in Quebec here (there are literally no Quebecois in Korea), I have decided to also represent Quebec by speaking only French all night. Right.

6. A few updates from home: Katrina is off to go sailing up and down the Dalmatian coast in Croatia this summer, Tiffany is getting married, Meaghan and Bridget are soon to be celebrating birthdays (I'll send your presents next week), Myrianne and Frederic are soon to leave La Poc for a trip around the world, Carl and Julie (my cat Jane's foster parents) are moving to Quebec City, Kat finally got her lawn mower fixed and has tamed the wild field of tall grasses next to her home, Kelly has finally moved everything into her new apartment, Barb is due at the end of August... and you all need to e-mail me more often.

7. And, a mini "Only in Korea" post:

One thing you will hear in Korea: "Wow. Did you see that guy's purse? Ya, him in the pink shirt... he's got a nice purse, eh?"

One thing you will never hear in Korea: "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I cut in front of you in line? Oh, no, please, you were here first, and you've been waiting longer... no, I insist, you go first. And I really apologize for butting in front of you."

Just being cheeky....

6 Comments:

  • Haha... great updates... I like the "only in Korea" comments...
    Here's one to add. Yesterday, as I got out of my teacher's car, two young Korean men were selling hand phones. Of course they tried to coax me into buying one, but I said "anniyo" politely and smiled. As I walked away I could hear them singing suddenly in loud voices... "You are sooo bootiful, to me...." I have to say that "only in korea" moment made my day :)
    April :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:39 AM  

  • My only in Korea moment was that the art teacher just showed up in my classroom with a bag of popsicles for the students... RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF CLASS. Yeah thanks a lot. Class was cancelled last week and I haven't seen these guys in a long while and you show up with ICE CREAM? There's a freezer downstairs. Wait your turn, woman.

    Sorry...

    /totally unrelated.

    By Blogger Jen @ Light Enough to Travel, at 3:03 PM  

  • I might be meeting up with Zhou Lei in Beijing on my free day!

    Woohoo! A day in Beijing with my own private (cute) Chinese guide!

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 6:17 PM  

  • 10 days of school left??? I'm getting robbed! Damn it all!

    As for the French, If you are good, I might try to have a little conversation with you on Saturday... If you are good!!!

    By Blogger Brent, at 1:23 PM  

  • so definately, bridget wants stuff from japan

    anything from malaysia would be great for me

    and the boys could care less where the gifts they receive are from..

    thanks for the shout out in your blog, 17 and 15 years of age (!)

    -Meaghan<3

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:46 AM  

  • No, Meaghan, you are 7 years old and Bridget is 3 or 4. Ann is 17, Al is 24, Mom is 45...

    I am 18 - and so are all my friends.

    Right?

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home