Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Malaysia/Singapore/Japan Itinerary

Ms Parker in Korea!

Monday, July 31, 2006

Malaysia/Singapore/Japan Itinerary

Well... I'm almost off to Malaysia. Just have to do a few days of English camp (from Aug 2 - 4) before I head out. Click on the underlined text to get a better view of where I will be.

August 4: Arrive home from camp, panic, then head to Busan, where I will stay with Melissa, my roommate from Beijing trip.

August 5: Fly from Busan to Osaka for 1 hour stopover, then on to Kuala Lumpur.

Have booked one night at Backpackers Travellers Inn in the Chinatown area of KL.

It should be quite the adventure trying to get there. I am trying to cross-reference how to get from Kuala Lumpur International Airport to my hostel using two guidebooks (Lonely Planet and Rough Guide) and a KL Tourism map. Funny thing is that none of the maps resemble each other in the slightest and every one of them gives different, conflicting information.

August 6: Move on to Melaka (south-west of KL)

Melaka is an awesome historic city - and the name just happens to mean something rude in Greek - and I'm looking forward to staying at the Kancil Guest House and taking in some of the history, including the first burial place of St Francis Xavier (!), the Museum of Enduring Beauty and some neat forts, shops and maybe even a light show.

August 8: On the move again! Have to get to Singapore before August 9, which is their National Holiday. Staying with Brent and Stephanie and their friend at her apartment in Singapore. Will be sure to get to the Raffles Hotel for a Singapore Sling and to Sentosa Island to play, just like my mommy did 20 years ago! Unfortunately, it seems that there aren't as many transvestites in Singapore as there were back in the day.

August 12: Off to Pulau Rawa with Brent and Stephanie and their friends. Pulau Rawa is a private island, so we are staying at the only hotel there. Most of these islands, though gorgeous, are infested with sandflies.... but no worries, just use your own urine to combat the itch (ewwwww! Think I'll go with Tiger Balm instead!)

August 13: Will continue up the coast. Haven't planned that far yet.... Don't have anything reserved as yet, nor any clear idea of where I will go. Would like to get to Pulau Kapas and chill out at the Lighthouse, but neither of their phone numbers seem to be working. I think that the Perhentians are out of my league, but there are tons of islands and beaches to explore, and I have a few days to do it too. Given my time restrictions, I might not even make it further than Cherating, where I will attempt to sneak into the Club Med. However, as a dirty, disheveled, smelly backpacker, that might not be so easy.

But wait... maybe I will go from Mersing to KL and then on to Penang. Ohhhh, I don't know what to do!

August 17: Back to KL - will stay at the same hotel as when I arrived (if it's a good one). I am not giving myself much time in KL. Hopefully, I will have time to get to the Petronas Towers before I leave.

August 18: leave KL in the evening for Osaka where I have 26, count 'em, 26 hours to visit Japan! My plan is to a) sleep on the plane from KL, since I arrive in Osaka in the morning of August 19 and b) not sleep until I get on my plane the next morning bound for Busan.

August 19: Taking Stu's advice and getting the heck out of Osaka to get to Nara, which boasts several awesome temples and UNESCO World Heritage sights.

August 20: Leave Osaka for Busan, South Korea. Have to get home that afternoon to unpack, pick up friends' dog (Marley) that I am dog-sitting and prepare class for next day!

*p.s. have finally mastered how to add put links into my posts. Perhaps I overused this new-found toy with this post, but I'm slowly gaining blognerdsomeness so that my blog will soon be better than Brent's. And, then Pinky, we will take over the world!*

2 Comments:

  • Here's my comment: You're a whiny, suckie baby...and a HUGE poopie-caca.

    There. Happy now?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 PM  

  • Visiting a blog without leaving comments makes baby Jesus cry.

    xoxo

    Virginia

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home