Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Jakob's Guide to Life

Ms Parker in Korea!

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Jakob's Guide to Life


Hi! I'm Jakob! And... and... and... I'm using my 37-second attention span to tell you about my philosophy of life.

  • Greet everything (especially dirty socks on the floor) and everyone (including Mommy) with an arched back and sideways hop.
  • Mommy is busy at work all day. While she's out, redecorate the apartment with dirty laundry and shredded kleenex!
  • Be nice to your hamster-brother. Sit on his cage and stare down at him - this will give him an extra feeling of security knowing that his big brother is looking down on him with love. And, maybe it didn't work today, but if you keep trying you will eventually be able to fit between the bars of his cage and visit him in his own home!
  • Mommy needs lots of help. Your assistance is appreciated - dare I say necessary - for all sorts of tasks, including emptying the litterbox, taking a shower, getting dressed and especially cleaning Mr Shane's cage.
  • Why walk when you can scurry?
  • If you can reach it, it's a toy. If you can't reach it, keep jumping. You'll get there eventually.
  • If you knock over, say, all the neatly lined up books on the table, your Mommy will be so proud of you that she may shout with joy. Once placed on the floor, jump up on the table and knock them all down again!
  • Mommy loves to play. Be sure to attack her hands and feet whenever you can. She's a fast one, so always have your razor-sharp claws and teeth at the ready!
  • Take an interest in Mommy's hobbies. Chew her books and jump all over her keyboard when the computer is on. Sign yourself into msn - make a phone call with Skype - open and/or delete all the icons on her desktop. Once again, you can expect her to shout with joy at your keen computer skills.
  • Anything that is closed must be hiding something really interesting. If you see a once-closed door open, be sure to get inside as fast as possible. This includes the refrigerator, the toilet, the cupboard under the sink, the closet, and the sliding door leading to the 18-storey high balcony.
Finally, remember that, for now at least, you still have cuteness on your side. Nobody can resist a purring kitten... or a sleeping baby.

4 Comments:

  • I think that Jakob and every cat that I've ever had the pleasure to live with, are VERY closely related. I swear that my babies lie there looking cute, plotting ways to raise mama's blood pressure. I'm glad that Jakob has found a way to ensure continual exercise of your lungs.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 PM  

  • Dear Virginia's Mom Part 2

    It has come to my attention that though you raised a beautiful daughter..she is unclear on the concept of "sharing" re: Reeses peanut butter chocolate treats. I don't think my Mommy and you went to the same parenting schools, please Mrs. Parker review your notes to your daughter on sharing chocolate with friends. I know..how old she is, but she is never too young to learn. Thanks again..am serious about the Hellmans..Nina. P.S. Looking forward to meeting you and not just for the treats!!(O.K. maybe a little....) Oh and yes Jacob is adorable he is a purr factory among other things, I wish Yongi made that sound..but he rolls his R's and has Cat Turrets, good enough.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:12 PM  

  • Hi Nina,

    I promise, I will "share" my Reese's with you- not sure about the Hellmans as my mom has hit the weight limit on 2 suitcases and hasn't really packed her own stuff yet.

    Would Yongi like some catnip (coming from Canada).

    xoxo

    V.

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 7:19 AM  

  • Hi Its MOM Do you need a couple of jars of Hellman's ??? No problem, I still have some room & a fes pounds to spare. Will gladly get it & SHARE everything I bring. Looking forward to meeting everybody. Love MOM
    PS Have catnip too!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home