Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: My Little Red Devil

Ms Parker in Korea!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My Little Red Devil


OH MY GOD!

I own a scooter!

(that I can't really ride yet)

Just bought it from Haydar, my Taekwondo teacher for about $500 Cdn. I figure that if he can teach me to kill someone with my bare hands, he can also teach me how to keep my balance on this infernal machine. Just rode it for about 20 minutes, and since both of us survived, I can only assume that it's all good.

And, if Italian fashinistas can ride them in Gucci heels, I should have no problem figuring it out, right?

*pic is not of my bike, but of a random red Daelim scooter. I can't identify a bike from a hole in the ground, so hope that, tomorrow when I try it some more, I will actually unlock the correct bike since it is locked up with about 20 others.

p.s. Can I gloat just a bit? I mean, look at this! I have a kitten and a scooter and stamps in my passport... I fit into my size 8 Gap jeans, even though they were kinda tight before I left Canada. I still have my tan from Malaysia. And, the cafeteria at school served a fe w edible lunches in a row (curry, then fried chicken)Wow. Just let me enjoy this for a bit..... and..... Okay. Feet are back on the ground. Sorry about that. Will try to be more humble in the future.

10 Comments:

  • WOOHOO!

    Just spent an hour whizzing along on paths between rice fields with Nina. We rode all the way up to a big kitschy white castle where people can have fairy-tale weddings. So much fun! Mom - are you ready to ride behind me when you come?

    Nina also has a red scooter...and an orange cat.

    Hmmm, think I might be Single White Female-ing Nina!

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 6:53 PM  

  • Hey! Are you putting thay thing in the overhead compartment on the way back? Let me know if you also pick up a 10 speed!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:08 PM  

  • Are you FINALLY going to get your Driver's License then?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:50 PM  

  • Nope!

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 10:51 PM  

  • Hi Is Mom Should I bring knee pads, elbow pads, helmet, bandaids & alcohol? Medical insurance is paid. Can hardly wait!! Looking forward to the rice paddies part. Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:14 AM  

  • I'll be staying off the sidewalks from now on! Congrats on the new wheels!
    Carol

    By Blogger Carol-Ann Murray, at 11:36 AM  

  • You good little impulse buyer! Any big trips planned? And think, when you leave, there will be a ton of Waygooks looking to take it off your hands!

    Atta girl!

    By Blogger Brent, at 1:06 PM  

  • i enjoy how any noun/phrase in the english (and perhaps other) language can be spontaneously turned into a verb. The most popular example of the moment is "google" "I googled it", "I googled your mom last night" etc, etc.

    Thank you, Virginia for providing another fine example, in true poetic fashion, our new verb is:
    single white female-ing

    w00t!

    By Blogger Vanessa, at 11:48 AM  

  • In the immortal words of Calvin and Hobbes: "Verbing weirds things".

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 8:06 PM  

  • Over the weekend, I put a link to your blog on mine.

    My mother has already emailed me with "why can't you be more like Virginia?"

    (I am threatening to learn to drive a motorcycle. She thinks I should get a scooter.)

    By Blogger Jess, at 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home