Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Like a goat and a racehorse...

Ms Parker in Korea!

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Like a goat and a racehorse...

... is how I would describe the ride I took around Suncheon with Stu yesterday. We did over 100 km, me on my little 50 cc Daelim scooter (that would be the "goat") while he rode his new awesome BMW motorbike (let's call that one the "racehorse"). It reminded me of this thing I saw on the Discovery Channel once, where they tried to fly some sort of really fast jet and a little plane together: The plane was going as fast as it could, while the super speedy jet thing was going as slowly as it possibly could without dropping out of the sky. Okay, enough analogies, but you get the idea.

It was a great day, though. We rode up and around twisting mountain roads, around a lake, past a huge dam, and through small towns. Spring is spranging up all over out here, and there are a few buds on the trees, breaking up the monotony of winter brown. No pictures, I'm afraid, as we both forgot our cameras.

We finished up the day with some Vietnamese soup, after meeting up with every single one of my students (or so it felt) in downtown Suncheon. Then I went to TaeKwonDo, where I FINALLY DID THE SEVENTH FORM FROM START TO FINISH. For those who haven't been paying attention, a 1st degree black belt is tested after the 8th form. This means that I am 7/8 of the way there! Will I finish it before moving to Mokpo? Hmmm, doubt it.

Today is the very last day of winter vacation. Tomorrow, the new school year starts (yeah, it's not the same as in Canada. Had to laugh at Joanna's e-mail about starting March Break soon!). My plans for today include watching TV online (am seriously addicted to "Heroes") and eating. And maybe doing some laundry. maybe head to the sauna. I don't know...

Okay, I've become one of *those* bloggers now, who tells all the minutae of their day.


Have finally managed to upload some of Karen's pictures of India to my Flickr site - check there to see photographic proof that I actually was in India (she took more pictures, better pictures, and lots of pictures of me...).

2 Comments:

  • I like the minutiae (minouche? minnow shaw?) and the ephemera. Keep it coming!
    Do you ever come across any renku? Maybe it's called renga. It's a variation, or a complication of haiku.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:32 PM  

  • Your lovely Indian Batiks have been all over the west coast of Florida and back. I'll call you on MY Sunday morning.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home