Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: And so...

Ms Parker in Korea!

Thursday, June 07, 2007

And so...

... I've found something to do with the afternoons that I don't teach, but that I am at school (this is instead of playing around on the internet...), which is almost every afternoon. I've been hijacked by a secretary into playing:

Ping pong!

Apparently, according to the kindergarten teacher, it will make me "slim". Hmmm, was that a backhanded compliment??? Anyway, today was the first time I'd ever actually played it and I really enjoyed it. Little known factoid (once again from the kindy teacher): the further back you stand from the table, the more calories you burn. Hey! I think she thinks I'm fat or something!!

In other news, I've started TKD again, this time it's 99% in Korean, making me the last person to do anything. Oh, and I'm surrounded by five year olds who all have their black belts. It's nice to be back into it again, though. And there is another foreigner in the group, Richard, who I've met a few times before.

In a Teacher-of-the-year moment: I gave an 8 year old girl a ride home on my scooter. The way I see it, at least she was wearing a helmet. It was kind of funny, as I was hemming and hawing over whether to put her on the scooter, a guy drove by with TWO helmet-less kids on his, so I figured that it was probably not her first time on one.

Aaaaaaand.... I've decided that I can compare my current living situation with some far flung Greek village: whitewashed homes that climb up a hillside, lots of fish, foreign language, toothless old folks waving to me as I pass by on my scooter. It's pretty cool, actually. I can hardly believe that I'm actually living here.

3 Comments:

  • Do you mean that ping pong will help to minimize your extremities!!! It sounds like you are having a good second year experience...while I of course have been hanging out with Brad.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:43 AM  

  • Is your Ping Pong teacher as "hands on" as your principal? Nosy, nosy wants to know...call you Sunday.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:45 PM  

  • Hi Its MOM Mokpo sounds like just what you needed for your 2nd year experience - I liked it from when I saw it because it did remind me of Greece & how lucky to be on the waterfront. Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home