Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Sick me...

Ms Parker in Korea!

Monday, June 04, 2007

Sick me...

I just got home from the doctors. My head teacher insisted on taking me this afternoon, only after I taught my five scheduled classes, naturally. Since my voice is still touch and go, I've started teaching my kids the ASL finger-spelling alphabet in the hopes of using kinesthetic teaching to help with spelling. They are all very quick learners - Grades 4 and 6 already have the full alphabet and Kindergarten is up to the letter "e" after only 10 minutes. They also have the filthiest hands I've ever seen - which may explain why I am sick.

Right, so the doctors: one room with the exam char separated by a fold out screen. I felt like I'd just walked into a Norman Rockwell painting. The exam chair was hooked up to a brown contraption with all sorts of wires and cords and stuff sticking out. One of these cords was attached to a metal thing that was put up my nose (!!!) to spray something, which was then sucked out (yuk!) by another of the ...probes? I don't know. And the doctor was wearing one of those old-school metal circles on a headband things! I've never actually seen one in real life and was pretty surprised to be faced with one here. Anyway, he decided that I had.... a cold. I've been told to "rest" and stay away from cold wind.

Oh, and take 37 brightly coloured pills over the next 2 days. And the pharmacist gave me one of those health drinks that makes your spinal column tingle....

The best part of the outing, however, was when we parked the car. It was one of those parking garages that doesn't use up any space. So... you park the car on a shelf thing and then key in your license plate, then a platform comes down and picks up your "car shelf" and then, well, shelves it somewhere. Then, when you want your car back, you key in your license plate and it appears magically before you - pointing the other way so that you can just drive straight out!!

Yes, yes, the car parking technology today was better than the health care. Whatever. It was cool.

7 Comments:

  • That post was rather scary. One's car technology is more advanced than one's doctor? Riiiight. I'll revisit Korea really soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:07 PM  

  • p.s. I'm sorry that you have Ebola. May you recover in a timely fashion.

    p.p.s. Your mum sent me the recipe for the Special K squares...they're amazing with Butterscotch chippies too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:09 PM  

  • That garage thing sounds way cool! (Are you teaching the kids to use 'way' as an adjective?) They had stackable parking lots in NYC, but they were more like forklifts. Korean parking sounds more like a vending machine!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:03 AM  

  • Since my voice is still touch and go, I've started teaching my kids the ASL finger-spelling alphabet in the hopes of using kinesthetic teaching to help with spelling.

    This is why you shouldn't have worried about teaching the little ones. You are wicked smart, yo!!

    By Blogger Jess, at 2:21 PM  

  • They put something up your nose? Gross! Imagine how many people's noses that thing's been up! Just a thought.
    Maybe all that medication is meant to counter the effects of coming into contact with the nose tube.
    Oooooor... maybe you need a different doctor....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:42 PM  

  • Oh my GOD!

    Monique is right!!! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

    I forgot to mention the little nostril speculum that was used too.

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 4:43 PM  

  • Hi Its MOM Would you like me to come & cook you up some chicken soup? Promise not to have tenticles in it. Speaking of tenticles, how are your lunches at the new school? Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home