Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: The Best Job in the World

Ms Parker in Korea!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Best Job in the World

Yesterday, classes were canceled (again), so that we could hike up Yudal with the kids. I spent all day being treated like a rock-star and force fed junk food by my students. Thankfully, I remembered to bring my camera:

One of my special needs kids. She giggles every time she sees me.
Over time, she's gone from barely touching my hand to full-on wrap-around hugs.

Grade 6 teacher, Mrs Myeong (Kindergarten teacher) and computer teacher.

I spent a lot of time self-camming with the kids.
Sweet kid.
Mr Lee (speaks ultra-correct English with me), Ms Jeong, the other secretary, my principal.

This girl is very very very good in English, but I don't like her attitude.

Fragile: She's special needs, very gentle, and one of the most beautiful children I've ever seen.
I worry about her future.

Kindergarten kids: It occurred to me afterwards that the little girl is signing "A" (fingerspelling alphabet).

All my students!

A horrible picture of me, but I had to get this girl on my blog.
Keep an eye on her, she's going to rule the world one day.

Kids playing on sculptures in the park.

At the sculpture park.

Grade 5 kids.
They've put away their horns and pitchforks for now.
(actually, my favourite class at the moment)

Buried under a pile of kids.

My kindergarten class.
The little girl in the yellow shirt next to me is only 3 years old, and knows all her alphabet, colours, and shapes in English. I call her "Kitten" because she meows a lot.

A few of my darling Grade 2 girls.
Lee Seung-jae: Eager to please, good in English (was 2nd top student in my class last term).
And I know his name because he is easily tempted to the dark side and spends quite a bit of time in the hallway too.

My neighbourhood (other side of the hill).

5 Comments:

  • awesome!

    By Blogger Jen @ Light Enough to Travel, at 2:14 PM  

  • Instead of flirting with a job as a professional writer, perhaps you should consider photography. I do love to see that you're enjoying your life in Korea. I am calling to sing to you tomorrow morning.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:59 PM  

  • Virg, I love seeing pictures of your kids the are beautiful and you look so happy!! its great
    katrina

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 PM  

  • Hey baby sister: your blog (and your life over there and YOU) never ceases to amaze, inspire , awe and elate me!

    Today it brings tears of pride and joy as I wish you a happy (muffled number)th birthday. I can see the festivities have begun and I trust you are being feted in a manner befitting such a wonderful person!

    All us scorpio/libra parker people (you know who you are) wish you all the best

    big bro

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:52 AM  

  • I love those kids... they are even more wonderful when they are KG to Grade 2... that is when they aren't sticking their fingers up your bum!

    So neat seeing all the potential in them!

    By Blogger Brent, at 12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home