Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Bali Photos....

Ms Parker in Korea!

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Bali Photos....

Fortunately for me, other people's cameras were not stolen while they were off enjoying themselves in Bali and Lombok. Here are some pics that I've "borrowed" from Jessica (in Mokpo) and David (an Australian guy I met on Gili Trawangan). At some point, I'll also borrow a few photos from Monique and Nina too.

Gili Trawangan:

No motorized vehicles makes for lots and lots of jingling pony carts.


Gili T is close to the coast of Lombok, which is dominated by a very big (and active) volcano. We would watch the sunset reflect colours on the clouds around the top. One night, Monique and I were actually able to see the very top of the volcano while we lounged in energy-eating pillow-stuffed wicker chairs and drank cocktails.

Torture, I tell you. Pure torture.

Yes, the water is *that* clear.

Ulu Watu, Bali:

Up on the cliffs around Ulu Watu - this is where I had breakfast exactly one week ago.

The pool at Rocky Bungalows, which is pretty much where I lived for the time I was there. We are up on a cliff - the view is amazing. The cat-sized cockroach that was in my bed was less amazing (and not cuddly at all!).

Jessica and I went to see the hour-long, sunset backlit, chanting and dancing show thing at the Ulu Watu temple. Really really amazing. So glad I had a chance to do that!

I've still got another week before we leave for Cambodia and there isn't much to tell.... it's cold here, which I've been using as an appropriate excuse to remain indoors, in bed, in the lovely heated shoebox apartment while Ty is at work.

1 Comments:

  • I'm pretty sure you'd enjoy the -25 Celsius of Quebec a lot less, I did enjoy it while locking myself out this morning.

    By Blogger Zah, at 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home