Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Things I've learned so far...

Ms Parker in Korea!

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Things I've learned so far...

A brief listing of how just a few dayson Gili Trawangan can change your outlook. In the past few days, I've learned...

  • to Scuba dive, meaning assembling and disassembling my gear, swimming without flapping my arms or crashing into my instructor... I've learned how to flow with a current along the seafloor and let it take me where it wants to go, instead of fighting hopelessly against it....
  • to play dominoes
  • to talk to baby turtles in a wee homegrown hatchery - rather grassroots conservation effort. I just told them that I'd see them again in a few years...
  • that on Gili T, once you've said "Hello" to someone, you keep saying it to them, every single time you pass them, even if it's, like, 14 times....
  • how to walk slowly. What's the slowest pace you've ever walked at? Well, sorry, still too fast for me now.....
  • to do nothing for a full day without feeling like that day was "wasted" - what else am I supposed to do here?
  • watching crabs scuttle around on the beach is far more entertaining than TV could ever be
_______________________

Monique headed off, back to Bali today (one of "our" shop ladies actually kissed her goodbye!). We'll probably meet up again towards the end of the month. Next Monday, I'll head to Senggigi on Lombok to meet up with Nina. The next few days will most likely include a few more dives, as well as entire hours of staring at the waves.

Hope you are all well...

4 Comments:

  • Gili T, Korean Elementary School...

    same same!

    (at least with respect to "hello!")


    I have been well the last week or so! Things are good. Thanks for the well wishes and I trust you are seeing the new year in right with all your fabulous travels.

    Still working on Ty re: Luna-sitting, as plans for Cambodia begin forming. Hoping to get a chance to chat/ hang out with him, regardless, over the next week or so? Will try calling at your place one of these evenings.

    By Blogger Jen @ Light Enough to Travel, at 10:25 PM  

  • PS: xoxoxo

    By Blogger Jen @ Light Enough to Travel, at 10:26 PM  

  • can I come talk to baby turtles too!!!
    Katrina

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:58 AM  

  • Hi its MOM sounds like Paradise
    Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home