Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Never a dull moment...

Ms Parker in Korea!

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Never a dull moment...

It's been a while... okay, here goes:

Nina and I enjoyed our next day in Senggigi as we spent most of the afternoon in a spa. You know on TV when they show a bathtub full of frangipani blooms? Yup - had one of those after my two hour massage. Very indulgent and wonderful.

We left the next day for Kuta (Lombok), to visit our friend Mary who is working on a PhD and whose research is based in Indonesia. She used to live in Mokpo, and it was funny to meet someone in the "wrong" country. But...

... there was a bit of trouble in paradise. There had been a string of robberies around Kuta, and we were not immune. Without getting into too many details, my camera was stolen (means no pictures of my trip!).

Nina and I headed back to Bali - in a small plane that hardly seemed air-worthy - to Ulu Watu, where we met up with Jessica. She'd come in from a climbing holiday in Vietnam and was looking forward to a few good days by the pool.

I came to realize that a) I had seriously under-predicted my budget and b) after being robbed, I wasn't too interested in spending the next 10 days on my own. I made the rather difficult decision to fly home early. So, here I am at the Denpasar airport, waiting for my flight back to Korea. I'll have a week or so at home, then head off to Cambodia with Ty... which I am really looking forward to.

So, unfortunately, I only have a few memories, a nice tan, and 2 sarongs to remember this vacation by. Oh, and a PADI Open Water certification....

Jessica was able to snap a few pics, which I will get from her to post as soon as she's back in Korea too.

4 Comments:

  • Wow. I'm sorry to hear that you had some trouble in paradise. Stuff can be replaced. As often as I tell you otherwise, you can't. Am very glad to hear that you managed to save my sarong from the thieves. Every cloud...and all of that. Lemme know when you'll be home to whine about it over the phone. Hi Ty!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:27 PM  

  • Sorry to hear about your camera, but I'm glad you're okay. It sounds like it's quite a vacation to remember though. A week at home before jetting off to Cambodia will be a good way to get re-charged.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 AM  

  • Thankfully, it was only your camera. And lucky for you, this was only one of your many stays in paradise.

    I think you might be able to call on your memories for this one... and maybe you'll take up painting to try and recreate some of them.

    Glad you are safe and sound!
    Missing you in Canada

    Brent and Steph!

    By Blogger Brent, at 12:03 PM  

  • Sorry to hear about your photos! But at least you have a chance to chill out before Cambodia... believe me... Angkor takes a LOT out of you, as beautiful as it is. I'm dead after only 3 days. There are places to get DVDs burned in Siem Reap so it could be a good idea to back up your photos.

    We're headed to Battambang tomorrow on a boat. Will be grateful not to have to use my legs.

    Miss you!

    By Blogger Jen @ Light Enough to Travel, at 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home