Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: See ya in Korea!

Ms Parker in Korea!

Friday, April 14, 2006

See ya in Korea!

This is probably the last chance I'll have to post something before I leave. The next few days will be quick and hectic, I am sure.

Yesterday, I got my E2 Visa - after missing a bus, taking the wrong subway, arriving at lunch hour (visa man wasn't there...) etc etc etc. Good practice for getting lost in Seoul, I am sure.

I've reflected a bit on the past few months, and this is what I am grateful for:

- My family, for taking me in and being supportive of me;
- Being able to reconnect with Kelly, Meron, Kat;
- My friends who understood when I was running out of time and couldn't get together for a few other final visits;
- The staff and regulars of Strega, who made being a waitress fun, and who celebrated a final Bliss Night with me. Cheers to Edwin for singing "I touch myself" by the Divinyls (he was going to sing "It's raining men" but couldn't get the tabs....) for me;
- Carl and Julie for taking in Jane, Ann for taking Luna, Mom for taking Max;
- The Montreal girls for helping me move from Montreal and for keeping their promise of keeping in touch;
- My mom's friend Marsha who is taking my mom to Korea in October;
- Everyone who is threatening/promising to come to Korea (or Japan);

Thank you!

In Korean, there are two ways to say goodbye: annyeoung-hi gaseyo (to the person leaving) and annyeoung-hi gyeseyo (to the person staying). I've been saying too many goodbyes for the past few months, so this is my last one.....

ANNYEOUNG-HI GYESEYO!

4 Comments:

  • Have a safe flight. I'll see you in Japan.

    Shalom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:39 AM  

  • This is Mom. She won't let me help her pack. I want to put in the cat, cat litter, cat food & 30 lb hand made quilt.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:03 PM  

  • happy flight!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:00 PM  

  • ? I read this on the day that doesn't exist for you! Weird. Thanks for the updates. Laurie
    P. S. I think circumambulation is when you go around the shrines clock-wise.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home