Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: I took a picture of my lunch today....

Ms Parker in Korea!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I took a picture of my lunch today....


And I will upload it soon (I know I keep saying that, but I have no internet at home). The principal caught me and laughed (whew!).

This brings me to another list.... I think I will call this one "Things I can eat with chopsticks" ... or "Things I have eaten with chopsticks"

1. half a clove of garlic (raw)
2. bean sprouts
3. white rice
4. sticky rice
5. rice and barley
6. rice and corn
7. rice and rice
8. peanuts
9. squid (yum)
10. kiwi salad (very difficult.... it's quite slippery)
11. a piece of apple, covered in mayo
12. raisins (covered in mayo - is this Korea or Belgium?)
13. kimchi (literally - eaten with EVERY meal!)
14. soup (ha!)
15. spaghetti / noodles

In other news, today is Sports Day (and my official introduction day). It is sort of like Track and Field Day, but with different sports: running (okay), soccer penalty kick (ummm), tug o' war (wow), kick-the-ball-and-run-around-your-friends (my personal favourite), hit-the-ball-like-golfing-with-a-mallet (gotta see it to believe it), dodge ball (I kid you not) and.... hockey!

Last night, I hung out with some new friends (Steve, Dave, Karen, Helen and Matt) for a Thai curry supper (eaten with a fork!!!!). So far, everyone I've met in the Shidae apata are super friendly and generous (yes, yes, pictures to come.....).

7 Comments:

  • Hi I know you are a vegetarian, but do they have meat there? and eggs? and how do you eat ice cream with chop sticks? Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:31 PM  

  • I’m a little confused by your eating habits. You eat squid but you don't eat shrimp? You don't eat shrimp because they're "the insects of the sea".

    Don't squid eat shrimp? Doesn't that make squid the aardvarks of the sea?

    So you're ok with eating aardvark but you’re not ok with eating insects?

    I'm so confused. Just tell me squid tastes like chicken and I'll be ok.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:59 PM  

  • promise me when i come to visit you won't feed me mayo. squid i can do, mayo is the bane of my existance.

    i'm making myself a cork board out of old corks i collected 10 years ago and a wicked frame i garbage picked yesterday....see what your absence is leading to? crafts.

    miss you much, kel:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:25 AM  

  • But squid is yummy! And shrimp makes me ill!

    Oh yes, they have meat here. And bones, and fish heads....

    Come here, Kelly -- there are entire stores full of that paper stuff you like!

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 9:04 AM  

  • Mon dieu, j'ai manqué mourir de rire en lisant ton histoire à la Banque. Je te l'avais dit que tu serais une célébrité.
    Un dernier conseil, si tu veux vraiment t'incruster dans la culture coréenne, va dans les familles, sort avec des coréens, tu vas apprécier encore plus ton séjour de cette façon. Et ca va t'éviter d'être homesick, parce que ca aussi ca va arriver...
    Brigitte

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:08 AM  

  • Hi Vigin's mum:) your daughter is a credit to you even though she is now a disapointment to vegetarians around the world.

    uuuuuuuugh Kimchi day...can't get out of this one:)

    Social ostracism is decided upon how much Kimchi the Alien can eat.

    At my school they come and collect me and watch me eat it. I try to distract observors with wild hand gestures and constant talk...but they make a note of how much I eat anyway.

    :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:12 AM  

  • Squid isn't a vegetable?

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home