Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Only in Korea?

Ms Parker in Korea!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Only in Korea?



So, I've decided that my blog cannot just be about me and my friends. If I continue just writing what I do every day, it will look something like this: went to school, taught, chatted on msn for 3 hours, came home, went to April's/Karen's/Matt and Helen's to drink/watch a movie/talk, then we went out and I got home at 4 am/5 am/10 am.

In an effort to add some variety to my posts, I present you with.... moving day!

In Korea, many of the apartments are huge concrete blocks like Shidae, where I live. How do you move all your possessions up 15 storeys? Or even 2 for that matter? Well, you enlist the assistance of a moving van, naturally, and a crane thingy. This is a motorized platform. All your worldly possessions are loaded onto it and then lifted up to the balcony, where they are unloaded. Then the next batch goes up and so on.

For Kelly, Ellie, Heather, Ann, Katrina, Ina, Marc, and anyone else who has ever had to help me move - wouldn't it have been nice to just put the goddamn heavy box on a lifty thing like this and send it through the window?

So, the two pictures here are 1) someone moving into Shidae. I've taken the pic from my apartment. 2) a picture of someone moving into an apartment in Gwangju. This pic was taken by Brent and Stephanie during orientation back a month ago.

5 Comments:

  • cool! i need one of those. thankfully the new apartment is only on the second floor, 'cause moving into avalon was hell! i've got the diningroom and a hell painted so far...i must send some pics. maybe i should start a "kelly and steve's love nest blog" to document the transition from fun house....kel:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:12 PM  

  • You see those things everywhere, and wonder... what do they do in the rain, and how often does all of someones worldly possessions come crashing down from the 18th floor on some poor ajima (old lady) below!

    Krazy Koreans!

    By Blogger Brent, at 7:55 AM  

  • hi Its Mom just trying this new way of reading the comments thats all Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:10 AM  

  • Hi Virge,
    I have not written or read your blog in a while. I have just caught up! I hope you are feeling better....I also started a scratchy throat and the sniffles two days ago! I guess flu season is the same everywhere!!! Wow, do you think you could start a business by importing those crane things? You could be a moving expert! With unique equipment everyone will want to rent...I can't believe it has been a month already. When the girls met up last week-end for brunch, we started planning our trip to Korea, and Terry definitely wants in! How many of us can you house in your apartment? How much is your average hotel in Suncheon?
    It sounds like there is a lot to love in Korea, and that you are taking advantage of every amazing opportunity! You go girl!!!
    I miss you lots, Ina

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:03 PM  

  • Hi Virginia,

    I am enjoying your blog, we met at the airport...Stephanie's mom.
    Just viewed your pictures...keep them coming. All the best with your shoe quest....I know pictures just are not the same as having the prize on your feet.. Living large! :)

    By Blogger Yoka, at 12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home