Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: A glorious "Only in Korea" moment

Ms Parker in Korea!

Friday, June 30, 2006

A glorious "Only in Korea" moment


This morning, I was in my classroom, getting ready for a class that was ultimately cancelled... no, that is not the glorious moment.

Two of my girl students came in. They said "Teacher, Korean food!" and handed me a little yellow and pink plum and a lukewarm potato.

It isn't exactly an apple for the teacher, but the plums here are delicious - remind me of Ontario fruit. Heck, even the lukewarm potato was good (funny how I was talking about this with Jen just the other day - eating a whole boiled potato as a mornign snack...). Anyway, the tall girl in the picture is the one who gave me the potato - I took this picture a few weeks ago.

2 Comments:

  • I got offered the dry-and-baked-on remnants of a pot of rice, today. They were eating the chunks of it out of a bag, like chips or crackers. I swear, the way these people eat rice is almost like using all parts of the caribou! It's incredible!

    By Blogger Jen @ Light Enough to Travel, at 3:22 PM  

  • Hi Its MOM Granny used to have potates like that for snacks too & brought a pot full of boiled potatoes to a picnic once with Aunt Mary & Aunt Annie & families & we almost had to walk home from Welland. She was supposed to bring potato salad. No one ever asked her again!!! I was about 10 yrs old & still remember the outcry!!!! MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home