Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Basic Mandarin

Ms Parker in Korea!

Monday, July 10, 2006

Basic Mandarin



To see my itinerary for my fabulous five days in Beijing...just follow this link

http://www.kangsantravel.com/pkg_pek_confirm_0601.htm

Looks pretty cool, eh?

Why not take a few minutes and master Beijing Mandarin?

How much = duo shao qian (doe shaow chien)
How sell = Zen me mai
Zhe ge = this
Na ge = that
Yi gong = all together (Yi gong duo shao qian?)

I want = Wo yao
I don’t want = (wo) bu yao

Too expensive = Tai gui le
Pianyi dianr = Make it cheaper

Do you speak English? = Ni hui shuo yingwen ma?

1. Yi
2. Er
3. San
4. Szi
5. Wu
6. Liu (leo)
7. Qi (chee)
8. Ba
9. Jiu (geo)
10. Shi (sheu)


The irony here is that I don't know how to say half of these things in Korean! Well, I mean, I can count to ten and all that....

3 Comments:

  • How much = Eolma-eyo?
    This = Ee-got (or) Eegosun
    That = Cho-got (or) Chogosun
    All together = Kachi
    I want ~ = Juseyo
    I don't want ~ = An-juseyo
    Too Expensive = Pissayo
    Make it Cheaper = Ka-ka juseyo
    Do you speak English? = Yongo Haseyo?

    And yeah, you know how to count... so...

    Now if only someone could teach me Thai...

    By Blogger Jen @ Light Enough to Travel, at 11:41 AM  

  • Oh my gosh, so that's what Ni hui shuo yingwen ma means... I'm sure I've heard that before!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:41 AM  

  • What? A Chinese person asked you if you spoke English?

    To perfect your Mandarin accent, I recommend pretending to speak backwards. Like this one time, back in University, there was this guy who used to record his answering machine to sound like he was speaking backwards. So, like, do it like that. Sort of.

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home