Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Japan again? Ho hum *shrug* I guess so...

Ms Parker in Korea!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Japan again? Ho hum *shrug* I guess so...

So, this week has been full of Halloweeny fun. I wore my sari to school on Tuesday, with gold makeup and lots of eyeliner and a red bindi, and I suspect that my students thought that I was just really really formally dressed, since their limited knowledge of Halloween is mostly about ghosts, goblins, monsters, and not glamourous sari-wearing English teachers. With my extra class, we made Jack-O'lanterns, which was also a lot of fun. It was the girls' first time doing it, so I know it was memorable for them. (By the way, the pic of Stu carving his Jack-O'lantern is also his first time ever.)

TaeKwonDo is going super-wicked-awesome. I am surprised at how high I can kick (without falling over!). There's something to be said about flexibility. Next test will be in two weeks...going for Blue, I think.

Karen and I have been negotiating flights and stuff for India. Choosing a moment when my head teacher was pre-occupied, I asked her about my vacation time and wrote down the dates (this is akin to asking your Mom if you can have a cookie while she's talking on the phone... it's easier to say yes than to engage you in any sort of conversation.....). So on January 13, we'll be flying out of Seoul, to Narita (aka New Tokyo Airport), where we will stay overnight in a free hotel (!) until we fly out to Delhi the next day. Our tour takes up the first two weeks, full of some pretty cool adventures. Then we have 10 days to do what we want in India (Ahhhhhhhhh - I don't know what I want to do in India!!!!!!!! Too much choice! Not enough time! No guidebook! Need help! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!), until we head back to Korea, once again via Narita (an hour from Tokyo), but with a one-day layover this time, returning to Korea on February 10.

If I keep on visiting Asia by flying Japan Air Lines, I will eventually see the entire country of Japan, albeit on one-day layovers.

9 Comments:

  • Two things spring to mind. Do you really WANT me to tell you where to go in India? (cause I'm still mad, and I will!)The other is for you to purchase a FIRST CLASS train ticket in New Delhi, and follow up the line till you reach Putankot in the Punjab. It is a huuuge train station, and right next to a Victorian Garrison that's been turned into a museum. You could buy me a souvenir coffee cup. I'd promise to keep this one out of Jacques' clumsy paws. In other news, your Christmas present is in your mother's little hot hands, and you can now bug her about it. (Hi Mrs. Virginia!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:59 AM  

  • Meron: I *was* going to make a snide remark about allowing cats to break precious souvenirs from friends, but wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for sending me the new Stephen King book instead...

    xoxo

    Virginia

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 10:20 AM  

  • Anyone want to know how Virginia dressed in the airport the first time she was vacationing in India??? Ask her, I'm sure she'd love to blog the story!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:27 AM  

  • Jill & Bryan have a guidebook, I think. They went there last year & I looked after Marley for part of that. I'm sure they'd lend it to you or at least let you and Karen look at it for a while. :)

    xox
    J

    By Blogger Jen @ Light Enough to Travel, at 11:59 AM  

  • Indian sounds like awesome. We are still trying to figure out getting dates out of my teacher. 3 tries already and she just says she doesn't really know.

    I'm thinking I'm just going to take a one way (to australia) and see what happens from there.

    By Blogger Brent, at 1:31 PM  

  • Mom? Is that you? Are you telling the "She arrived in the airport in India in underpants" story again? If that post wasn't my Mom, I can only assume that my mother was telling humiliating stories about my childhood while she was here ni Korea. Yes... underpants in the airport...

    No guarantees that it won't happen again, 27 years later!

    Yeah, am getting guidebook from J&B.

    Brent is moving to Australia?

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 1:56 PM  

  • It was your sister who wrote about your airport attire in India.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:35 AM  

  • Hi Its Mom, But if anyone wants details & I get enough requests for it, I will gladly tell you all about her strutting off the plane, with her head held high & blonde curls tossing in the wind as we went through customs & passport control & finally found our luggage so that I could pull out a towel out of suitcase to wrap around her waist. Cute eh?
    She just looked like all the other waifs at that age. Love MOM TEEE HEEE HEEE

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:25 AM  

  • I met your mom at the cafe this week! Watta sweetie! I can't believe she didn't let you wear pants in India! You'd better go 1st class!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home