Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Good News

Ms Parker in Korea!

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Good News

So, yeah. Moving to Mokpo in April would have come at a price. I would not have been able to come home to Canada. But, I just sort of shrugged and said, "Oh well...whatever." Having had a visit from my Mom in October, and just the fact that I am used to living away from my family meant that I wasn't all that shook up about not going home. Even when my Suncheon friends headed back to Canada during their vacations, I wasn't jealous. Sure, I would ask for a few special deliveries, but other than that.... I was okay with it.

Then, today, I got the news that I would probably be going to Mokpo in May, replacing my friend Chad. I wanted Chad's spot for many reasons, including his apartment, which is perched on the side of Mt Yudal with a view of the ocean (see picture). The workload will be a lot harder than the one I have now, but that's also a part of the attraction. Another advantage, I get to come home to Canada for a bit. Did you hear that?

I AM COMING HOME AT THE END OF APRIL.

I didn't realize how much I missed Canada, until they told me that I could go home.

7 Comments:

  • Okay all Parkers. Now hear this: Meron is putting in dibs for a sleepover now. No excuses. (whether you want to or not Virginia) Molly and Jacques need to see Auntie Wirhinia and her toenail clippers.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:51 PM  

  • Hi Virgina!
    It will be great to have you in Mokpo, I recently got a motorcycle, so we will have to go for a ride together (you are bringing your bike right?)
    Have fun in Canada!
    Christa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:50 PM  

  • WOW! Nice work! Isn't it nice when things just work out so perfectly? I know you'll have a great time in Mokpo!!
    Congrats!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:31 PM  

  • HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY, HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY!!!

    i'm trying to get patti to commit to coming down during the week steve's gone and kim's down so we can have a total hen party (may 6 -13). maybe meron could come too.

    hey, i measured my belly today - 42"!!!

    kel:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:47 PM  

  • my god!!!

    it's been days since you updated your blog. hurray up already! some people are living vicariously through you...

    kelly:)

    p.s. strega has been so busy for dinner this week i think i may have created a monster! oh, and we start construction on the basement tomorrow! yippee!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:20 PM  

  • Wow, that's really great! Will you come over and visit in Ottawa? I'm leaving April 28th to MontrĂ©al, though, so it depends when you will be there exactly. But I could also come and visit Toronto. I've never really been there yet.

    But, anyways, will you have time to see everyone?

    It's always nice to hear from you. Keep in touch. And thanks for your congratulations for my next internship in Paris... I'm so excited!!

    By Blogger Jiji, at 4:49 AM  

  • JJ - I might be in Montreal in early May!

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home