Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: The New Seven Wonders of the World

Ms Parker in Korea!

Sunday, March 04, 2007

The New Seven Wonders of the World

If you go to this link, you can vote for the new Seven Wonders of the World.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Can we really exchange the Acropolis for the Statue of Liberty? Can we even compare the two? On one hand, it does seem like a rather interesting concept - that we can choose those monuments that we consider to be deserving of the title "Wonder". Do we consider them to be "Wonders" because of what we've heard about them? Or because we've seen them? Or because someone told us that we should?

I haven't voted yet, but I have quite enjoyed looking at the site - remembering the places where I have been and dreaming about the places I still want to visit - which is exactly what I expect my mom and Meron will do as well.

Complete listings of the Wonders of the (Natural/Ancient/Medieval/Modern etc) World can be found here.

4 Comments:

  • I am blaming you for having sprained my pointer finger. You will also be expected to clean the smudge marks from my monitor. (you were right...very cool site)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:28 PM  

  • Hi Virge,
    wow I am now updated on your travels to India and your return "home". I am blown away by your experiences and courage to travel. I also hope you will have another great year...Turkey sounds like a great idea....I am now off to visit your Flickr page...looking forward! Great vidoes, by the way....I miss you,
    Ina

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:20 AM  

  • Hi Its MOM Well I'm back from Victoria & Vancouver - busy checking off my personal Wonders of the World list & sticking more pins in my world wall map. What a Wonderful World. And I didn't realize Canada was soooooo big!
    Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 PM  

  • Hello, i just surfed in searching for interesting blogs on new seven wonders of the world, you have a cool blog. Do keep up the good work. i live far from where you are and its nice to be able to see what people from across the world thinks.

    Warm Regards from the Other Side of the Moon.

    On a related note perhaps you might find the following links interesting. we're reviewing the best among the competing 21 participants for the new 7 wonders competition. i'll like to hear your take on the subject via comments. i'll be back soon...

    The Kremlin and the Red Square
    Angkor Wat
    Eiffel Tower
    Hagia Sophia

    ps. if you have your own favourites list or if you'd like us to write about other wonders pls do mention about it in the comments.

    Bibby

    Kerala, India

    By Blogger Bijoy, at 1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home