Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: What a weekend!

Ms Parker in Korea!

Sunday, March 18, 2007

What a weekend!

The weekend started nicely with a manicure at New Core. It was Melissa's treat (woohoo!) and we both went "French" (no sparkles this time!).

That evening, I hosted Maura and Stu, who were both in town for Mel's party. Carol decided to make it a "Moustache" party, meaning that we were expected to sport a moustache of some sort - quite easy for the boys to do, but a bit of a task for the ladies (most of whom drew one on with eyeliner or created one with false eyelashes). Well... I decided that I am far too pretty for facial hair (although Vanessa does look HOT with her 'stache), so I did a wee variation on the theme. I found the logo for a motorcycle club from the Netherlands that featured a moustache and a motorbike, then dressed up to look like a biker babe. Anyway, Carol outdid herself as a wicked awesome hostess, with lots of great things to eat, including lots of cheese and hummus. I knew I'd hit rock bottom when I was putting spreadable camembert cheese on Pringles.

The next day, Maura and Stu helped me load up Black Betty and we moved a load of my stuff (already!) to Brent and Stephanie's place (until they leave in April) and Chad's place (where I will move in May) in Mokpo. How is it that my possessions have multiplied since I've arrived? This is my third move in 14 months, and although I do enjoy the idea of arriving in a new place, always paring down gets tedious after a while. Thanks to Stu for helping me move and thanks to Brent, Stephanie and Chad for letting me store things at their places - since I don't know how I could have managed otherwise!!

Chad had a wine and chocolate fondue party, which was awesome. And I got to check out where I will be living next year - which is going to be very very very different from living in Shidae in Suncheon - AND meet some of Mokpo's finest residents. Parking myself next to the food table, I inhaled my own weight in cheese, chocolate, hummus, fruit and cake (ever dipped cheese and crackers in chocolate fondue? Hmm, you should try it sometime) while trading the world's most tasteless and offensive jokes with the boys in the kitchen.

Not surprisingly, after a weekend of consuming nothing but wine, chocolate, cheese and Pringles, I woke up on Sunday morning feeling like I deserved a liver transplant, so I headed back home to Suncheon asap.

I took the Red Devil out for a wicked awesome ride past the lake again - she's had a lot of repairs done lately and is running beautifully. Next weekend, I will endeavor to ride Red Devil to Mokpo, unless I chicken out. I wonder if a little 50 cc scooter can make it that far????

I missed out on Suncheon's St Patrick's Day celebration at Julianna's, but I got to harass Max and destroy Nicola with my Facebook supremacy, so it all just sort of evens out.

6 Comments:

  • is it just me or is your hair SUPER blonde in this pic.

    i suddenly have a craving for corn.

    39 days!!!

    By Blogger Kimberly, at 11:29 PM  

  • Hi its MOM I always thought you had a mustache? didn't you? or am I confusing you with your brother?

    Can hardly wait to see you
    Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:21 AM  

  • Hair IS super blonde. Just did it last week.

    See you sooooooon.

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 6:52 AM  

  • Hey Aristocrat, its 36:34 to me...and most of my people ARE NOT English Teachers in South Korea...which I think means that I am ruling the Facebook race....xxxx

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:52 PM  

  • hey man, you mom TOTALLY dissed you comment-style. mwahaha. I like the cut of her job.

    Thanks for saying I look hot in a stache. Maybe I'll let my 4 stray chin hairs grow out :P

    By Blogger Vanessa, at 10:30 PM  

  • Moving kinda gets complicated sometimes... For myself, I can't rent a truck to move my things 'cause I'll have my real permit only in August. I can drive my parents' truck and/or van (but not both at the same time...duh!), though. But they don't drive long distances and they don't like driving in Montréal...

    Since I have to move twice within 3 days... My first move will be from Ottawa to my parents' home on April 27th (and some things to a friend's apartment where I'll live in May-June). My second move will be from my old apartment in Montréal (I left my furniture and dishes to the person who was subletting my apartment) to my parents' home on May 1st...

    I'll figure it out, somehow. Maybe I'll have them drive to Ottawa, I'll drive them back to their house and then come back alone with the truck in Montréal to pick up my stuff with friends and come back to their house (to go back again to Montréal for May-June...got classes and some work)

    By Blogger Jiji, at 1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home