Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Korean Recipe

Ms Parker in Korea!

Monday, October 22, 2007

Korean Recipe

As much as I may have complained about the food in Korea before, I'm starting to discover things that I really really like. Here is a very easy recipe that you can try (thanks Jen for recipe). I call them "Crack Noodles" because they are so amazingly addictive. I made some last night, and it was yummariffic.

Korean Chap Chae Noodles

1) Cut up some veggies - make sure the pieces are really small. Think carrots, cabbage, spinach, mushrooms, hot peppers, zucchini... whatever you have in your fridge.
2) Boil up some Korean vermicelli noodles (aka glass noodles or rice noodles). Use very strong broth instead of water. The noodles should soak up all the liquid, so use less than you normally would.
3) Fry up a bit of garlic in some sesame oil (this is the key ingredient that makes chap chae so addictive). Add your veggies and stir around. Add more sesame oil. And more. And more. You can't have too much.
4) Dump in the noodles and stir them around until they are completely coated with oil.
5) Sprinkle on some sesame seeds.

They are easier to eat with chopsticks than anything else and will help you practice your Korean noodle slurping, which is completely acceptable here.

4 Comments:

  • I've always wanted to know the etiquette of noodle eating. I get that loud slurping is acceptable, as is enormous mouthfuls. However, what does one do about the juice dripping down chins and onto everything? (or am I just the only clumsy one?)

    I'm calling tomorrow morning for an update.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:00 PM  

  • Hi Its MOM Gads, you are Finally domesticated. Next thing you'll be wanting to learn how to knit.

    Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 PM  

  • Ok... stop nesting and UPDATE!!!

    I rely on you and Monique to keep me entertained at work and neither of you have been doing your job!

    Even I (the slack blogger) have put up more posts recently than you...

    :P

    By Blogger Goulash, at 4:04 PM  

  • can't wait to try it ...

    k

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home