Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: New Camera or How to Bargain in Korea

Ms Parker in Korea!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New Camera or How to Bargain in Korea

In desperate need of a camera for my upcoming trip to Cambodia (BAHHHH - we leave on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), I headed to Gwangju with Alex and Jessica. Since we are all on vacation (for another month) and pretty much bored to tears, it was a grand outing for all of us.

As we walked through Keum-ho World (a HUGE multi-storey electronics market with just about every toy you could ever think of), I spied a lovely pink camera.... and the following, um, hard-core bargaining happened:

Me: How much is this? points
Camera Selling Guy: 22 man won (about $220)
Me: Oh, I want something cheaper. Do you have anything cheaper? makes flailing gesture with thumb pointing down
Camera Selling Guy: Okay, discount. 21 man won.
Me: Oh, um, okay, thanks. But can I see something else? flail
Camera Selling Guy hands pink camera to me I play with pink camera
Jessica: Where is the battery? What about the memory card? (and other technical questions)
Camera Selling Guy takes 1 Gb memory card out of his pocket Okay. Service (means, "I'll toss it in for free").
Me: still playing with camera Hey, this thing has a setting called "Flower". I think it may possibly be idiot-proof.
Camera Selling Guy: arrives with shiny pink case that clashes marvellously with the pink of the camera Service.
Alex: whining This isn't fair. You're only getting free stuff because you're pretty.*
Needless to say, being handed all sorts of free stuff AND the fact that the pink camera has a setting called "Flower" (and about a million other settings, including another puzzling one called "Auction") was a total selling point. So, um, now I own a shiny pink camera.

contemplating the lovely shiny pinkness of the new camera

AND, I am happy to report that it has the magical setting that, instead of "adding 10 pounds", transforms all photographed subjects into hotter versions of themselves. Yay.


See?

*By the way, Alex had a random guy walk up to him and ask to pose for a picture with him because he is "vely handsome guy", so he has nothing to whine about.

1 Comments:

  • I bought the same one ,.....for the pink case, i am in lvoe with it!

    By Blogger Janna, at 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home