Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: The weekend

Ms Parker in Korea!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The weekend






Nicola's visit to Suncheon coincided with Open Mic Night. Of course, we had planned it that way. Brent and Stephanie (part of the crew I came over with) also came up for the weekend (see Brent's blog in the list of links). And, one of Nicola's homies from Wando, JP, was present as well.

After shopping (and bringing home Mr. Shane!), Nicola got to meet a lot of the Suncheon waguk crowd at a little BBQ, then we were off to Open Mic. It was a lot of fun and I even performed my poem (okay, it's Robert Frost's poem) accompanied by Matt on guitar. I spent the rest of the evening taking pictures of myself and friends.

The thing about going out in Korea is that...the bars don't seem to close. This means that you can find yourself coming home at odd hours of the morning, like... when it's already light out.

Sunday, we didn't have that much energy and needed to recuperate. Or at least I did. Nicola went on a little hike, then we watched "Walk the Line" twice. On Monday, we went for a 2 1/2 hour hike through the rice paddies across the street from Shidae. It was kind of surreal. An old lady gave us bean doughnuts... I wish I had brought my camera. We also found a "dog farm". Glad I didn't have my camera for that one.

Mr. Shane spent most of Sunday hissing at everyone. He buzzes - it's very strange. Yesterday, though, I held him for a while and he pooped on me. Maybe it's his way of showing affection... Last night, I realized just how much noise a little mouse/hamster/rodent thingy can make.

2 Comments:

  • give us a close-up of mr. shane!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:24 AM  

  • It's hard to get a close up of Mr. Shane when he doesn't stop moving! I will do my best.

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home