Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: And there are nice beaches in Korea too!

Ms Parker in Korea!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

And there are nice beaches in Korea too!

After swearing up and down that I wasn't going out on Friday, I went out on Friday but still managed to make it to Wando to see Nicola. My ride to Wando on the "vomit comet" (i.e. jerky gas-and-brake Korean bus) was less than enjoyable, since adding to the general discomfort was the fact that all of the mucus in my body was trying to escape through the holes in my nose.

She'd invited a whole herd of people from Mokpo, Naju, Wando etc and it was so nice to meet new people! It was absolutely glorious on the beach, complete with a soft sand, clear water, a campfire, smores and guitars. Lacking sleep and needing to blow my nose every 30 seconds made me a bit of a Grumpy McGrumpface, and I wish I could have joined in all the revellery - such as dancing on the beach until the wee hours of the morning. As it was, I turned in early and spent most of the weekend "being a whinger" (so says Nicola, and she is quite right).

This weekend was also a mini-reunion of sorts for the original group that I'd come to Korea with. On hand from our "gang" was me, Nicola, Brent, Stephanie, Leah, (young) Warren, (handsome) Steve, Max, and Stu. Unfortunately absent were (older) Warren, (young) Steve (my big bro from Suncheon), Lana and Bryce. It was great to see how everyone was getting on - we've been here almost 5 months and everyone had great stories to tell. Everyone's experience, whether positive or negative, is different. I also got to connect with some new arrivals. Can't wait to cross paths with all those people again - and hopefully I'll be more myself and not a Sicky McSickwimp the next time we all get together.

2 Comments:

  • Ahh Miss McSickWimp I forgive you! (and your mucus)...

    If the weather is good after the Yeosu trip maybe we can have another crack at it....

    Way to waygook rejuveniate, I feel back to my normal nicola state and im loving it:)

    love you too snotface xxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 AM  

  • i propose that you combine your two new names from this blog and from now on be called Grumpy McSickwimp!!

    Now there's a winner!

    By Blogger Vanessa, at 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home